WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I do all the time from left wrist to right wrist.

But, sometimes I do it because I get a pimple from irritation from the watch my wrist has it on and that's usually my left wrist.

I'm finding that the tighter you keep your watch on your wrist the less irritation it gets from moving around and pulling your hair on your wrist.

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
As I was reading the thread title I guessed it was going to be yours. :-d No I don't because it feels totally unnatural. I occasionally wear one on each wrist around the house, if the one on my left wrist doesn't have a CDT and I need to time something.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow, you wear two watches.

I've never had that feeling to wear two watch, but, I do wear a bracelet on the other wrist to make me feel even.

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
Wow, you wear two watches.
No, not as a rule. Occasionally I might be wearing a watch without a CDT and need to time something in the oven (for example). Rather than switch watches, I'll just put one with a CDT on my other wrist for as long as I need the CDT. Other than that, I never wear a watch on my right wrist.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh', I see.

That's not weird at all.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
While changing hands for some things may be tempting to mix things up a bit, watches aren't on that list.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I've tried to wear my watch on the left wrist for some time and I made some observations.
1st: my left wrist (where I usually wear my watch) is somewhat smaller than my right wrist.
2nd: the watch feels extremely unnatural on the right wrist but then again I usually don't wear any jewelry at all.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
i find wearing my watch on the 'wrong' wrist is like wearing my shoes on the wrong feet... very irritating :-|

·
Registered
705 Posts
Yes, sometimes I wear my watch on my right wrist when I'm home. b-)

·
Registered
596 Posts
From being a child I used to wear mine on my right wrist. After a wee accident I can no longer wear one on my right due to my wrist bones being a little disturbed.

It has taken about 2 months to get used to wearing them on my left, but now its second nature.

The pic shows where my plate and screws were inserted. Dont ever break your wrist, they never heal too well!!

Attachments

·
Registered
403 Posts
I wore my watch on the left wrist for years (and i'm left handed). After scraping up stainless steel bracelets while writing, after college I finally switched to the right.....and now it feels unnatural on the left!

·
Registered
441 Posts
I always wear my watch in my left wrist, I tried it on the right one once and felt foolish. I kept looking at it all day, it just didn't seem natural for me.

Maybe we could start a trend and wear one on each wrist for a week and see what kind of reactions we get. :-!

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I notice that being I'm right handed I don't have to turn my wrist to read the time because my hand is always in that direction.

The GW5600J has big numbers.

·
Registered
895 Posts
I've always wore my watch on my left wrist. Like the others here, wearing it on my other wrist does not feel right to me.

·
Registered
999 Posts
My watch wrist (left) is a good 1/2 inch smaller than my right, probably from wearing watches for the last 24 of my 34 years of existence. I also broke off about an inch of the tip of my ulna arm bone when I was 12, so it isn't quite up to OE specs:-d.
Plus I play quite a bit of racquetball, which makes my right arm and wrist a bit more muscled.
In short I stick with the left. My Citizen on a bracelet is almost too loose on my left and won't comfortably lock on my right. I'm a freak....

·
Registered
282 Posts
I actually did this the other day. I put my GW5600J, which is normally on my left wrist, on my right, because I was going to the mall to try on a watch (on my left). It drove me crazy. Didn't even make it to the mall without taking it off and just leaving it my pocket. I'm a freak too. :-d

1 - 20 of 33 Posts