WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Newbie here saying a big "HI" to each and everyone out there and my small intro : I've been into G some 6-7 years when I bought my first G but about a year ago,I started cultivating a bad habit of noticing what G other people is wearing.To my surprise,for a year now,other than my dealers,I have only seen people wearing very very basic models and 1 or 2 times of frogman.What about the other models?Am I really so unlucky or is this normal???Question : HAVE YOU EVER SEEN other people wearing rare Gs when you guys are out working/shopping etc.??Or are also wondering where have they gone to?

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,587 Posts
Hi Cereal Killer,

Welcome to the G-Shock forum. I'm into G-Shock's for about 6 and a half years now and if I think hard I can only recall 3 times I saw someone wearing a pretty rare G.

1: Actually someone I knew from my army days. A friend of me, who happen to live in my home town, I met this summer on a terrace. He was wearing a brown DW-056 from the Black Dragon series. I happened to have a camera with me so this was the picture I took!

The other occasions I didn't have a camera with me. I saw a german tourist wearing the above watch, but in black.

When I was at a Fire Department Training a few years ago, I met a Fire Fighter from about the other part of my country that had a Triple Crown DW-004 model on his wrist, like on htis picture:

If I remember right, it was the sand/brown version. I have some students and colleagues wearing G-Shock's, but most of them are more regular versions (One has a Legendary Pride model, but I bought that one for him...).

Cheers,

Sjors

·
Registered
919 Posts
Wow! You've actually seen ppl wear Frogmans?!? The rarest G, I've seen on the streets is this DW-5000D which I HAD TO buy after that. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
I've noticed quite a few students wearing basic G-shocks but not many adults. I see more G-shocks on TV than in real life !

·
G-Shock Mod
14,271 Posts
here in the State, people mostly wear widely available G-Shocks (if they ever do)

by widely available i mean something like DW5600E, DW6600/6900, DW9050/9052, G2300, GW300, G7500, GW056, MTG9x0, G100, DW004, etc. i even see DW5600C from to time.

for rare G-Shock, i have only seen 1 brazilian froggy once a very long while ago. and maybe a couple of special edition G2310 along the way.

its total different when i was visiting HK some time ago, rare or special edition G-Shocks are more readily spotted on people's wrist. |>

·
Registered
774 Posts
ive seen people with G's on but as you say they are all basic but i have seen someone with a rare G and froggie>>>>>>>>>>>>ME<<<<<<<<<<
lol
at my work i have sold 6 watches to the guys and some other drillers that come to our site all wear G's the G shock is a watch that is used heaps in our line of work as they can take the hits we dish out all day every day

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey everyone. . .Thanks for all your replies and now,I think I'm not the only one whos not seeing Gs out there but it happens to most of us people.Funny how GOD distributed the love of G so sparsely?!?!?!?!?Gd day everyone. Happy merry X'mas!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Is the bezel on that model stainless steel?

:)
I'm not Adam (obviously), but I used to own one, and, no, the bezel is the same composite as on the normal resin Shocks.

I sold it very quickly after I got it because I didn't think it'd get worn. In retrospect now several years later, I realize I should've kept it (like that never happens...:)).

Al

·
Registered
283 Posts
I actually saw a guy wearing the rare all blue Frogman (ICERC) model on the MTR a few months back, looks very nice!
Also noticed a guy wearing the all white Frogman while in an elevator and a girl working in a sports shop wearing one of the early model Frogman (not sure which one though!:think: )

·
Registered
205 Posts
The only other unusual G that I've noticed other than my own is the Froggie that a coworker wears. It started by him noticing my Gs...and then we talked a bit - I mentioned that I have a collection, and that I had repaired/changed batteries in other coworkers watches...so he shows up the next day with a Seiko quartz from the 70's and a G Shock Frogman. He had purchased both in trips to Japan, but when the batteries went dead, they went into a drawer.

I installed batteries and cleaned things up a bit, and he was very happy. He wears the Froggie everyday to work.

Yes, I do check wrists on a regular basis to see what folks are wearing. Even more difficult than "checking out other -uhhhh- people" without being rude...but fun!

·
Registered
503 Posts
Like you said I have seen most with Basic G's on the wrist. But when I was stationed in Germany I came across a German Soldier that had the same DW-004 that I was wearing. The one pictured below. It was quite a G-Shocking moment.

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,587 Posts
Ha ha Stan,

You are right about that. If you wear a model like that in your signature or a silver grey version like the pic blow, there is even a pretty high chance in meeting people with the same model here in summer, when thousands of German tourists visit our island.

Cheers,

Sjors

1 - 15 of 15 Posts