WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i keep a pretty tight grip on my limiteds and therefore, have thankfully never experienced this kind of sellers remorse, but it's inevitable i conclude. :think:

what about you guys? have you ever given up a limited edition that you really regretted? i've seen that some of you have and that some of you even got that model back at some point.

feed my curiousity. :)

thanks for listening/sharing.

merc.1

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
I have sold several limited editions and the only one I have thought about getting again is not a limited but the AVG-100 :)

·
Registered
13,283 Posts
I bought this thing as it looked really nice in the photos on YA, but when I got it I knew it had to go. No regrets:

·
Registered
881 Posts
I don't think I've really regretted any of my sales. I did sell a beat up DW-9000 once which I kind of regretted now because it was all stealth black and a bit of old-skool-cool type watch but I don't feel so bad. Looking back maybe I should have spent the few quid and got a new strap (retainer was lost) and enjoyed it for a while longer but at the time I was skint and it wasn't the best choice for my lifestyle at the time so no regrets I guess :)|>.

·
Registered
511 Posts
In the 80's when I started collecting, you have sell some of your watches to fund new purchases. Those are the ones that I have missed and it is difficult to gets these back.

I have since buy those that I like by 2's or 3's or more depending what I can lay my hands on. One to wear, one to display and one to keep.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
I do regret selling my PRX-2000. :-(
But I know it's with a happy owner. :)

I still own the Frog... but who knows for how long! :-x

Attachments

·
Registered
721 Posts
I'm not sure it'd be considered an actual LE, although they were pretty hard to find...but I regret letting go of a Grey Camo Mudman G-9000MC-8...

The buttons were what made me sell it...but come to think of it now, I really don't switch modes regardless of what watch I wear. And it was one of only two watches I had that wasn't either in silver color stainless steel or black resin.

I need some variety.:think:

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
I don't know if it's limited, but you don't see many about.

I had a DW-5600E-D4, which I bought amazingly cheap, and sold to fund something else. I often wish I had it back...

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
david s. - that red 5600 with bars does look awesome. i'd regret that one as well, a beauty. the yellow version of that (maybe not the exact model) with bars is on amazon and looks pretty. i'm a big fan of this particular model.

clarencek - love the prk, great face. one of those watches that remind me why i love digital so much. and i only wish i could afford the 1000b, man is it dope. enjoy and try to hold onto it! i know that price-tag makes that hard.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
david s. - that red 5600 with bars does look awesome. i'd regret that one as well, a beauty. the yellow version of that (maybe not the exact model) with bars is on amazon and looks pretty. i'm a big fan of this particular model.
Have you got a link to that, I can't find it? :think:

·
Registered
243 Posts
My Brazilian Frog is en route to US right now. I kinda miss it already, but I don't regret it. I still have other Frogs. The money paid for some RC racing equipment, and I'm having a blast so far.

It was hard for the other Frogs though. :-d

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
i've yet to buy a truly limited edition g shock. but i'd like to. maybe if or when the lrg gwf1000 frog debuts i'll make the jump.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
whaaa?! a-tom-ic, is this just speculation or did u hear something concrete on a potential lrg gwf1000? man, that would be the most expensive retail frog ever if history serves correct.

bimdapogs, that 204k is a beauty and i love it. that might be my next frog purchase. just got the lrg frogman, so gotta save up some more dough!

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Up until a couple of years ago I had a collection of the original Raysman in new condition. Since then I sold the collection off to fund my growing Frogman collection.

I really wish that I had kept a few of them. But they all got good homes.

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
DW-5600SL 'Spike Lee' :-(
DW-5600EH 'Eric Haze' :-(

Still kicking myself for doing so, and actively looking for 5600EH Haze again! ;-)

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
just my own speculation merc1. :) lrg has had a pretty successful (imho) string of collabs with g-shock and i bet they are pondering a new frog.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts