WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed a man wearing a very thin watch today. When I asked what it was he stated it was an Autobar PK. I must be spelling it wrong as I cannot find it via search. It was an ultra thin mechanical. Anyone heard of it? and can you provide the correct spelling?

·
Registered
467 Posts
The watch you are asking about is made by the Audemars Piguet watch company most collectors just call it A&P...because it is diffecult for many collectors(including myself)to pronounce...they are exteremly desired by collectors and are considered in the top 10(for some top 5)best made watches ever.They produce extemely thin dress watches and the heavy more masculine Royal Oak line that was introduced in 1972 as a sports watch.They produce minute repeaters and skeleton pocket watches that are worth hundreds of thousands.As you can tell i am a fan and want one of their ultra-thin platinum automatics with black mother of pearl inlay dial.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I noticed a man wearing a very thin watch today. When I asked what it was he stated it was an Autobar PK. I must be spelling it wrong as I cannot find it via search. It was an ultra thin mechanical. Anyone heard of it? and can you provide the correct spelling?
Audemars Piguet?
Wasn't the grandson of Audemars a famous mathematician, too?

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Hello Jack welcome to WUS. Like Mike said A&P are one of the best watch makers in the world and really $$$$$$. I heard they were in the top 3 , but It all depends on who speak too. Either way having one in your collection is ultimate.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Autobar PK - That is priceless:-d. Speaking of ultra-thin watches, I saw a man in Thailand wearing an ultra thin, fairly large-diameter Patek Philippe with a clean white dial w/roman numerals. An AD I talked to thought it may be a fake - any ideas?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts