WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a SuperOcean Heritage from my local AD last week and when I picked up my watch, the box it was packaged in was unlike my other watches. I have the Bakelite boxes, inner and outer boxes from my Super Avenger and also inner and outers from other watches. This was just a single box with rivets on the side. Id like to know if you've all seen these and are they new? Otherwise, I am going back to my AD and asking for a Bakelite as I have gotten with my others.

Electronics Technology Electronic device Audio equipment Gadget
Box Technology Electronic device Rectangle Leather

Box Fashion accessory Ring Material property Rectangle
Yellow Material property Auto part Tire Automotive wheel system

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats a shame...I really liked the presentation that the inner/outer box made. Not that this new box configuration is poor, but I guess those boxes were expensive and they cut into profit margin, this the less expensive package we see now. Theres always ebay!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I guess you could say it is "cardboardy" but it is very sturdy. There may be a wood reenforcement in there somewhere for rigidity, but it does not come close to the embossed Bakelite case. I know I am buying the watch and should be the main product, but the entire presentation is what I like and this box really did leave me short. That said...I love my new addition and I am already planning my next Breitling (Montbrillant 01)!

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
I guess you could say it is "cardboardy" but it is very sturdy. There may be a wood reenforcement in there somewhere for rigidity, but it does not come close to the embossed Bakelite case. I know I am buying the watch and should be the main product, but the entire presentation is what I like and this box really did leave me short. That said...I love my new addition and I am already planning my next Breitling (Montbrillant 01)!
I sympathize with you... I'm planning to get my first Breitling and would like to get the Bakelite case... The new box might be study but it is definitely not as chic. Well, maybe I should look for a mint condition 2nd hand instead...

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
I was definitely a little bummed when I got my first cardboard box this year after having a couple of the bakelite boxes, but at the end of the day, I bought the watch because I love the watch, not because of the box which will be sitting in a closet probably never to be seen again.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Well it might be th case that the box just sits in the closet, I should know, I have nine of them sitting in my closet.
Nevertheless, if this is Breitling's attempt to save a few bucks than it is not a good move if you ask me. It looks cheap.
It will be difficult to tell the difference between this and my wife's shoe boxes in the future :(

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I sympathize with you... I'm planning to get my first Breitling and would like to get the Bakelite case... The new box might be study but it is definitely not as chic. Well, maybe I should look for a mint condition 2nd hand instead...
I was actually looking on ebay to see if I could pick one up. The only thing is though that I know it doesnt really go with the watch so it wouldnt be special. I already forgot about it and wear the new watch proudly!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.