WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please let me know if this has happened to you! Perhaps I should see this as a cautionary sign?? Haha, but I bet not.

I just realized the last two watches I purchased look eerily similar. I (only) have seven watches, but this is the first time it has happened... unintentionally.

The Seiko 5 (snk131) is an auto while the HMT Janata is a hand winder, so they are at least functionally distinct.

snk131
seiko5.jpg

Janata
hmtnew.jpg

I'm not planning on dumping either one soon, but I wonder how much wrist time the HMT actually will get? I mean, I'll have to hand wind it - which is sort of inconvenient - and it runs really slow. ~5mins a day! So, it is almost a novelty piece, but hey what should you expect from a ~$15 watch?

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
I've ordered two Olivier Bronze Divers. One with a black dial and black bezel, and one with a blue dial and bronze bezel.

·
Banned
668 Posts
yes, multiple times. can’t stop myself. looking for more...
Or I sell one then miss it... I know I am the only one to ever say that... LOL
Mido's. Got three in a week. Tutima's. Same thing. Love them, then .. oh look... away I go.
Now I have three divers that look the same, black dials. Now on reflection, did I do it intentionally? Not really.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I love that black bezel & dial Oliver! Wish I had the resources and blessing from my wife...

olivierblacknodate-300x200.jpg

·
Registered
429 Posts
I always have a hard time differentiating these from the thumbnails when I'm trying to post a pic.

seikokinetic.JPG eco.JPG

·
Affordables Moderator
17,578 Posts
Yes, but I don't think it was unintentional :-d

As for your Janata, pop the back off and adjust the rate ever so slightly. I bet you get much better timekeeping. If not sure how to do it search this forum and the Watchmaking forum, you should be able to find enough photos and how-to's. Just use a non-metallic tool, take it slow and be careful. A little adjustment can go a long way.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Maybe it just means that you've more or less converged on a particular favorite style, or certain favorite elements in a watch.

Reactions: ken_sturrock

·
Banned
1,504 Posts
My first two quality watches were too similar. They were both black 3 register chronographs with a tachymeter. I didn't like leather straps, so when I wore the VSA, I wore it on a stainless steel bracelet, making them very similar. Because of this I only wore the Citizen exclusively for a few months, until I felt bad the VSA was just sitting, so I wore that exclusively for a few months, on and on until I sold them both.

Oh yeah, I replaced them both with another black 3 register chronograph. I guess I have a type...

SANY0126.JPG

1 - 14 of 14 Posts