WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love chronographs, so when I got the Apple Watch Series 0, I did try to use the Chronograph face. That lasted less than a week as I just didn’t like it. I like complexity on an analogue face bu, for some reason, I just don’t on a digital face.

So I switched to Utility, Simple, and Color for their analogue looks. But as my first year went on, I found myself using Simple and Color less often until I finally dropped them from my rotation for Modular and Solar, which I still use. In fact, I have more than a few versions of Modular that I switch between tasks.

But this past month, I’ve really been digging the Siri face. At first, when this face was brand new, I wondered if this face would be an information overload. But I turned off most of data sources, so now I see only the bare minimum of what I care most about in the present or near future.

For now, I have settled on Solar and Siri (with Modular for specific tasks). Basically, on my wrist, I have a digital sundial and a stream of my present and near future. There’s something very zen minimalist to me about this. And I feel my watch is finally performing the way I feel a smartwatch should perform for me.

·
Registered
17,885 Posts
I've almost completely settled on Utility, with the cardinal numbers (12-3-6-9), day-date in the middle, Activity in top left, alarms in top right, and the weather on the bottom. I don't have enough going on in my calendar to make the Siri face interesting, but I'd like to have better reasons to use it (I kinda like how it'll put random mini-galleries of my photos onscreen).

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I too don’t have much going on in my calendar. What I have turned on in the Siri face are Weather, Timers, Alarms, Breathe, and Activity rings.

Some things, like Wallet, I really can’t understand why I’d want in my Siri face. Other things, like News, would probably overwhelm me.

I wish sunrise and sunset were their own data source instead of grouped in with Weather. If sunrise/sunrise were their own data source—with data points for solar noon, solar midnight, golden hour, blue hour, nautical dawn/dusk, astronomical dawn/dusk—that would be the most useful thing ever to me as a hobbyist photographer.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Have settled on Modular with date, weather, battery, calendar and email complications. Try to mix in a fake Casio calculator watchface once in a while as well.

·
Registered
17,885 Posts
Since this got bumped...

Now that I’ve upgraded to a Series 4, I’m almost exclusively using Infograph Analog faces. Once in a while I might use a more traditional analog dial (still with either 12-3-6-9 or Nike’s 12-2-4-6-8-10), but these new Infograph faces are nice to look at and very useful.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Every time I see the Series 4 watch faces and complications, makes me want to scrap my Series 1 and pick up a new one. Beautiful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
112 Posts
I like to get the most information possible on the screen, the one advertised with Calder, fitness rings, alarm,temp,stop watch, batt life,

1 - 10 of 10 Posts