WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

I arrived at these three after flipping or returning a LOT of watches. They're...basically the same watch, with slightly different aspects, like some Hindu god, or the Father/Son/Holy Ghost.

Let me see, the losers were: Mondaine Ultra Thin, Sinn U1, Seiko solar diver, Stowa Marine, Kemmner Skeletuhr, Sinn 857 UTC, Sinn 103 St Panda, Omega Aqua Terra (3 of them!), Certina Master Chrono, Certina diver, Doxa Aquaman, Seiko mechanical diver, Christopher Ward C11, Steinhart Ocean Vintage GMT, Casio Pathfinder, Casio G-Shock, Torgoen T10, and a Nomos Club. I'm probably forgetting one or two in there. I flipped each one for very good reasons.

So, I'm left with these three. BOOOORING. That said, I have some nice variety represented. One daily, one dress, one beater. One handwind, one auto, one quartz. One Chronograph. One bracelet, one leather, one cloth. One in-house mechanical movement. See what I mean?

I can't think of another watch I could possibly need, so I'm done. I know this because I was able to afford my 'grail' easily three months ago (a Nomos Zurich Worldzeit) and I passed. I guess I came to the conclusion that sometimes wanting is better than having. I'm using my mad money to travel instead.

Anyway, feel free to have some fun at my expense. I know I've had my fair share of 'post Veblen links and run' myself.

·
Registered
10,872 Posts
I'm happy...If you're happy.
Looks fine to me.
Good luck

·
Registered
14,861 Posts
I'm bored ... or just sleep-deprived. I'll let you know in a few hours.

BTW, looks like some evil bunny stole your carrot-nose.

Reactions: Nokie

·
Registered
396 Posts
Boring ?
If you think its boring then its boring and if you like your collection then its not boring, who cares what other think ?
Me personally I think you need a little addition like a Rolex Submariner but why would you care what other think ?
Enjoy your nice collection in good health.

Oh and BTW your Speedy is my favorite watch from your collection.

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
I think it's a great rotation! You have a Speedy Pro and a Zenith dress watch, nothing boring there, two classic choices. You could always grab that Sinn U1 again to add some uniqueness.

Reactions: bacari

·
Premium Member
7,316 Posts
I love the ultra thin and think it represents fantastic value (relatively speaking of course). I'm currently treating it in the same manner you are the Zurich. We'll see how long I stay strong!

·
Registered
734 Posts
A great collection, easy to read; although they're not showing the same time. :)

John

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Your watch collection reminds me of your avatar.

·
Registered
11,474 Posts
Don't see much similarity there beyond monochromatic nature of your choices.
Congrats on achieving nirvana:)

·
Registered
6,160 Posts
Looks pretty sweet to me. :think:

·
Registered
521 Posts
Nice job but why did you ditch the Aqua Terra 3 times?
Yeah, buy a watch 3 times, bet you will buy it a fourth.

I can appreciate what you are doing! Congrats.

·
Moderator Public Forum
2,879 Posts
Very nice collection. Having over 80 watches, I have sometimes thought of minimizing my collection to 4 solid pieces..... Or even 40 for that matter. But after more than 20 years of collecting, they are like family now.

What made you give up the U1 and 3 AT's? Two of my favorites.

·
Registered
7,751 Posts
I'd say you have most situations covered with those three, very nice!

·
Premium Member
5,643 Posts

·
Registered
15,286 Posts
Looks like you put a lot of thought in revamping and it shows, great stuff! Can't beat the fun of it, I'm sure . . .

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Nice job but why did you ditch the Aqua Terra 3 times?
They were all 2500 era. I originally grabbed the blue quartz, and realized I wanted an auto, and also wanted bigger watches. A year later, my tastes changed, I saw two autos appear at the same time on Chrono24, and being the obsessive type and justifying it with 'they're rare, this might not happen again for a while' I grabbed a blue and a black.

The blue didn't go with enough of my wardrobe, and I'd grown to despise white date dials on dark faces. The black one was nice, but it started suffering from the dreaded '2500 stopping until you whacked it' issue. I also one day just decided the arrow felt kind of silly and wanted a true dress watch with more understatement. So, I flipped them both at an AD (and yes told them the black one needed servicing for that problem) and got the Zenith brand new with full warranty.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts