WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
3601 - 3620 of 25567 Posts

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
While I was fiddling around with cashback and shipping proxies, the Kontikis on bluefly and Watchery's ebay account got sold out...don't know if I should be disappointed or relieved!

Still available on Watchery's own site.

·
Registered
99 Posts
About 27 years ago!

I still have the first watch she bought for me when we were dating in high school, a gold toned Pulsar quartz with a black face on a black leather band. It was one of 4 watches that I owned, all 4 bought by her, until I discovered that I love watches back in January (and found this forum). I now have 12, mostly ultra affordables, and 2 more on the way. Yes, to answer a previous poster, I am hooked. I've already advanced to the stage of wanting to unload some of the newly bought watches to free up cash for something a little more substantial.

Thanks for the welcome! I feel at home :)

Marry her, NOW!

(Oh good, you did already...)

·
Registered
469 Posts
After discovering my newfound interest in watches recently I have been lurking for a while, especially this thread, but this is my first post. I got in on the Quadratec set. I could not pass up $23 and change after $5 off $25 coupon and tax and in-store delivery. Thanks to the OP!

My wife has noticed my new cheap watches (Invicta 9404, used Bolova Marine Star, old Poljot alarm, and a couple others) she told me tonight at dinner: "Let me know when you want a good watch, I saw some nice Hamiltons at a store near work. The Pan-Europe is pretty and I like their Khaki field watches." I had not even mentioned them before but I lust for the Pan-Europe and of course like the Khakis. I guess she knows my style. And she probably appreciates me replacing the batteries in a half dozen of her quarts watches lately after figuring out that watches are not magic. And I thought a Hamilton was way outside my budget! I think she's a keeper ;)
It all starts out innocently enough and then you'll start to notice watches missing from your case only to find them on your wife's wrist. Luckily mine doesn't know how to remove links so she usually brings watches to me and asks me to make them smaller for her wrist. She started wearing 32mm watches and now she is up to taking some of my 40mm ones.

Definitely sounds like a keeper!

·
Registered
789 Posts
Thanks! Put it an order. Let's see if it goes through...

If anyone is still looking, grab a cheap pair of swim trunks for $6.97 under the sale section (sort by price) or a bowtie for $5 to go over $500.

Bluefly was the way to go for the KonTikis...$100 off $500 coupon + 8% cashback brought it to $375 after cash back. Now fingers crossed these ship and there weren't inventory level mismatches due to the inventory being offered on 3-4 sites.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts

If anyone is still looking, grab a cheap pair of swim trunks for $6.97 under the sale section (sort by price) or a bowtie for $5 to go over $500.
Just put in an order as well after waffling yesterday, deciding there was no way I needed another watch, then being lured back...

Now for something I am actually looking for - let's see some deals on GMT watches!

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
There are still some Kontikis on eBay. The Watchery still has the black and silver and a seller called "Watchplanetstore" has both the black and silver and black and orange for $479 with an extra $10 off. I am about to buy one of the black and orange if they don't sell out soon...

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
Well I did it, I bought the black orange. I took a break and was kinda hoping it would sell out before I got back. It did not. At least I put it on Paypal Credit, so I'll have 6 months to pay.... but that is my LAST watch for six months PERIOD!!! Yes, I am talking to myself. I am seriously going to have to stop coming to this thread.

·
Registered
789 Posts
The reemergence of the Kontiki deal tempted me mightily, especially because I had ordered the White dial on bracelet last year and missed out, but decided against it because no matter how nice it is I just can't get past the size. It's larger than I find comfortable to wear (38mm-40mm) and know that I will end up selling it eventually if I got it.

Well that and I have a Grand Seiko on the way that blew my budget.....

·
Registered
1,641 Posts

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Well I did it, I bought the black orange. I took a break and was kinda hoping it would sell out before I got back. It did not. At least I put it on Paypal Credit, so I'll have 6 months to pay.... but that is my LAST watch for six months PERIOD!!! Yes, I am talking to myself. I am seriously going to have to stop coming to this thread.
You'll be glad you did! Here's mine on an H-R rubber...

Attachments

·
Registered
309 Posts
Pretty much the same story as everyone. Decided to sleep on it last night, panicked when I saw some people post they were sold out this morning. Quickly placed an order for the black and white on black leather....how could I not for the price?!?!

Now we need to start a separate thread for the Kontiki! Looking forward to trying different straps, love the retro look.

Ordered from the Watchery. Do they send it with the box and papers? Not a huge deal but that would be nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,054 Posts

Bumping this comment for anyone looking to buy the Kontikis from Bluefly - I did not think the coupon code would apply to the whole order on Bluefly so I foolishly went with the $50 off $250 code thinking it was the best I was going to get seeing as the Kontiki was a penny short of $500. I ended up paying $50 which I could've used to buy a new strap.

You get $100 off your entire order of $500 with the code SUPER100 on Bluefly, just add the cheapest item you can find to your bag with the Kontiki in it and add the code in.

3601 - 3620 of 25567 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.