WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi Everyone,

I had my eyes and heart set out on an Oris Rectangular Complication - black dial with black leather clasp.

I loved that watch (and still slightly do), because it had a great face, was rectangle, had a date function, day function and what I thought was a second time zone.

I went to a store to check it out after seeing it online for the past two months. Just wanted to get a feel for it before I ordered it and got it shipped. Finally managed to find a store which had it, and I was shocked to learn that the second time zone is nothing but a replicate of the main time but in 24 hours.

One of the key things I was looking for was a second time zone - i travel quite a bit and would like to have a home time setting.

Does anyone have any more suggestions for what I should get. Still really like Oris - now looking at the Worldtimer and the Miles Worldtimer - although not a big fan of crazy numbers and designs.

I am looking for a watch in the $1,500 range for everyday use - on suits and jeans.

Just to add - i would really like to avoid a chronograph - I don't really see me using it at any point.

Thank you all for your advice and suggestions. Really love this forum and the input from some great enthusiasts.

Regards

Kenyan Sun

·
Registered
5,850 Posts
I have an Chronoris Grand Prix Chrono GMT, and it has a proper GMT hand but it might not be the style you're looking for. I love it, though, because of its vintage motor racing styling, and the fact it's slightly smaller than most watches you see these days. It's a limited edition of 1971 watches, but there are still new ones out there that I have seen being discounted lately. The msrp is over $5,000, but I've seen a few lately (new) on the grey market for around $2,200.

Oris-Chronoris-Grand-Prix-70-Limited-Edition3127_677_7619_41_54_ls_325x511.png

·
Premium Member
72,334 Posts
According to the Oris website the 24 HR dial is a second timezone and does not just replicate the 12 HR time.

·
Moderator Public Forum
23,494 Posts
According to the Oris website the 24 HR dial is a second timezone and does not just replicate the 12 HR time.
Yes the 24 hour hand on all Oris Complication watches is independently adjustable. In my opinion resetting the 24 hour hand is not as useful as having a 12 hour hand independently resettable. As found on Seiko Perpetual Calendar GMT watches.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts