WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello and greetings from Indianapolis, Indiana. I am a new member, this is my very first post. I really enjoy watches, beyond the functional aspect to the surreal to the art to the sublime. I'm a new(er) collector, so I don't have any crazy expensive watches. Most of the time I wear a Tissot Seamaster Automatic or a vintage Bulova Accutron factory Spaceview. But I love watches.

So I came across this watch you will see below. The watch itself is certainly pretty, and interesting nonetheless. It is gold-tone, very thick, and keeps very good time. It only needs to be wound once every 8 days.

The dial reads Hebdomas. It has a see through escapement. White porcelain dial. Very cool watch.

I've researched these a bit, but there doesn't seem to be a ton of information on them.

Any thoughts on this watch? Any advice, thoughts, comments, etc, would be very much appreciated!

SAM_0404.jpg

And the back.

SAM_0394.jpg

Thank you, have an excellent night, and I look forward to your combined wisdom.

theouterlimitz.

·
Registered
163 Posts
They are Swiss watches and usually are pocket watches. I want one but they sell for very high prices (at least to me). They are unique in that no matter what company actually made the watch, the parts are guaranteed to be interchangeable. Some of the older pocket watches have been converted into wristwatches but there are also many that were made as wrist watches. The ones that say "Hebdomas Patent" on the dial are the ones made by the original manufacturer. Many other makers have produced them including Arnex who made lower priced versions that still sell for fairly high amounts as used timepieces.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts