WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A few months ago I got a gold plated 17 Jewel Helbros Automatic watch as part of a watch lot.

While i am not a fan of gold plated watches, this watch was actually in great shape. I find some scratches on the case but no plating loss. Dial looks great with no wear and tear. If the crystal did not have some scratches and a small crack at 6 o'clock, I would almost consider this near new old stock.

The watch keeps great time and runs well. The only issue is that the date quickset is dead. you pull the crown out to number 1 and nothing happens. position 2 sets the time. The date sets at midnight and it looks like it is a German-English day of the week wheel

The movement in this watch looks very clean and is a PUW 1663 (which according to the database was made in the 1970's) and is a 17 jewel movement.

The watch came on this stretch band and when I took it off to look at the lugs, there was no wear on them!! It is back on the band due to lack of spare bands at this time but I think it makes to looks very period.

Anybody know about this watch or the movement?

Attachments

·
Banned
4,045 Posts
Nice watch, but pretty worn on the rear of the lugs.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Funny that they (as a Swiss company) used a German movement. Were there no more Swiss day-date movements to be had? :)

Nice find, anyway. I like the second hand ;-)

Best
Andreas

1 - 3 of 3 Posts