WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
270 Posts
For years I've told myself I'd never do it. I blame WUS entirely for this purchase.

It's pretty good actually; isn't it :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've noticed that not only am I obsessed with my own Monster and the threads pertaining to them, but I'm also quite unable to comment when the subject of Monsters is raised!

Without a doubt my favourite watch in the world, I'm not shocked you're now a fan of them, and that's a beautiful lume photo :)
Looks good, you'll love it more and more as time goes on

Mine is a constant family joke, on how I can lift my arm, much less manage to swim wearing one :p

·
Registered
8,386 Posts
welcome to the club:

·
Registered
296 Posts

For years I've told myself I'd never do it. I blame WUS entirely for this purchase.

It's pretty good actually; isn't it :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Welcome to the club, brother! ;-)

Dan

·
Registered
8,386 Posts
My OM has the best lume of any watch I own, it really is amazing how bright it is.
Although I think the lume on the monsters is excellent, it is far from the best lume. I can think of at least 5 other brands I own that have better lume. 2 of them are way brighter and 3 of them last longer brighter at the end. The lume on my monsters is about the same as my Steinhart OVM which costs more than twice as much. And the lume on both is perfectly acceptable to me.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Orange will soon become your favorite color. The lume shot says it all.

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
Cap'n Scrumpy
You held off buying the OM longer than I did buying the BM.
Saw that watch and couldn't get to the PC fast enuff to order it.
Then compounded that purchase by buying the SNZF47 (Baby Monster).
Welcome to the club of folks who can't resist monsters both 1st and 2nd
generation.

X traindriver Art

·
Registered
8,386 Posts
Here is a lume shot from my cheap watch box:

Top Left to right: Rado Original diver, Orient Mako, Seiko Monster, Invicta Diver
Bottom left to right: Steinhart OVM, 1990's Citizen Aqualand Eco drive, New Citizen 300m Eco Drive Diver GMT.

I focused the camera on the Seiko so the bottom is a little blurry. In person the Citizen GMT is the brightest by far. Next is the Steinhart and the Monster equally.

Hope this helps. The Rado original diver has the sharpest lume at night. But it is almost too small for quick acquisition. The invicta use to have good lume but it is no longer that good.

·
Premium Member
71,472 Posts
It could be said that you've got the best of the best of the best. IMO the gen 2 Monster is nicer than the gen 1 and the gen 2 orange is the best looking of those.

·
Registered
8,386 Posts
It could be said that you've got the best of the best of the best. IMO the gen 2 Monster is nicer than the gen 1 and the gen 2 orange is the best looking of those.
It could be said by someone that doesn't have anything other than monsters:-d

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I could be tempted with a black monster.

Just ordered a black nato with orange stripe...

Given this is a fun watch for casual wear I fighured I might as well go the whole hog...

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
You have done well young Jedi !!! The 'force' of WUS is with you !!! (& can be blamed for all manner of watch purchases).

·
Registered
256 Posts
Not been interested in the monster, but I have to admit, that's one good looking watch.

I defiantly blame WUS for many purchases, especially when people like you post such great photos.

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts