WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its pains me to say, I have no pics of my old G-Shocks to share....my wife 'turfed' them into the bin thinking they were rubbish when the battery died. Now, I am now hoarder, but I dont like to throw out things that can be fixed....o|

The reason I have joined is to ask those others here (any aussies?) who own the GW-7900B-1JF watch and where did they purchase it from.
Any advice from others is also greatly appreciated. I am a new online shopper, so I'm very cautious....

Regards

·
Registered
186 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome fitzy!

In Sydney here mate.

As far as I am aware, all of the GW-7900B's are identical, regardless of their market.

I got mine on eBay from this seller without any dramas.

CASIO G-Shock GW-7900B-1 Black RESCUE Watch! GW7900B-1 | eBay
Mate, thats what I wanted to hear...."no drama's"! Thanks for the heads up.
I may just place my order tonight, as long as the 'finance minister'(wife) grants thy wish ;)

Thank you every one for the nice welcome, hope to post some pic's soon!

[email protected] got6ponies thanks for the pic sir, now I am just dying to get my hands on one!!

Regards

·
Registered
883 Posts
G'day mate.... Welcome.

I live in England but have just been offered a job in Geraldton WA.... so may be an Aussie in November !!! Whats it like in Aus for G-shocks?? Good choice? I have a couple of Solar Waveceptors but may have to sell them before I come as I understand it's tough getting a signal over there....

Whats Geraldton Like?? Never been to Aus !! but feel its better for our family and my boys future

Cheers

Mark

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi mate.
Hope you like hot weather.....and I have saved any profanities about summer there!
Nice place....I surfed some of the outer reefs there and heaps sharky, but nice town.
Good luck with the move mate, your family will love it!

As far as the watch is concerned, I may be wrong as I am only new to this thing and still learning....but is your watch Multiband?
This may be an issue but hope someone else has the right answer for you

Regards

·
Registered
883 Posts
Personally I love hot weather, The wife isn't quite as sure, she likes hot but not & humid - a breeze is fine though and we've heard Geraldton has its fair share of coastal breeze !!

Whats "Heaps sharky"??

With regards my 2 Atomics - they are Multi-Band but the nearest transmitter is China !!

Cheers

Mark

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hahaha you got it, but I should say I'm not of any nutritional value to them.....

@ Mhutchuck. they should be fine I think. I was reading a post(cant find it now sorry) and one of the Aussies was saying he gets a sync with the right weather. ;)

Regards

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
My watch finally arrived.
I had spoken with my in-laws(in Japan) and the promptly ordered me the watch and received it yesterday in the mail :)
Now I just need to translate that funky Japanese book.....

Regards and thanks you all.
@Drewbo, Im still new with this 'syncing' stuff....any hints on what needs to be done?

P5270002.jpg

P5270009.jpg

·
Registered
883 Posts
Love to know how successful you are in syncing the watch in Aus... May persuade me to keep my two if I come to Geraldton rather than sell them here before I move

Mark

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Love to know how successful you are in syncing the watch in Aus... May persuade me to keep my two if I come to Geraldton rather than sell them here before I move

Mark
Hey sir, will update you tomorrow.....
from what I can tell, great DX conditions now, but may change tonight. As far as WA is concerned, take 10% less of any chance to snyc.

In any case keep them, give them to the kids...heirlooms mate!

Regards

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Mhutchuk..
I was unable to sync for the last 2 nights, have a feeling that was due to the poor weather we have right now.
But in time, I am sure they will.

Regards

·
Registered
164 Posts
FWIW I never got a sync here in Perth WA while I owned an atomic. I only buy non-atomic now.
As far as the G-Shock "scene" in WA, well, I mostly stick to eBay and get watches shipped from Hong Kong, occasionally Japan ... The local jewelry shops seem to mark up a random percent between 200% and 400%. I once saw a Riseman in the shop for $899, another shop had one for $499 with a free cricket bat, lol ...

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
Cricket - now there's a sport that Casio has never embraced... :think:

A Thommo 5600, a Beefy 6900, a Dennis Lillee Signature Edition Raysman, a Merv Hughes Mudman... a 'runs per over required' function...

Endless opportunities.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts