WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to my good friends of years ago. I couldn't use my old moniker due to it being linked to an old, defunct email address. Haven't bought a new watch in years but fell in love with one this weekend while I was in Washington D.C. Some may not like it, but I am a devotee of analog/digital displays for flying. So, have worn my Emergency for years or an Aerospace and got a bigger version of the cross between the Aerospace and Navitimer -- The Airwolf/Raven. Great for these old eyes. By, the way, my original digital Navi, later renamed the Aerospace, is still ticking. Bought that one in London in 1990 or 1991, as I recall.

Anyway, Just wanted to say hello to those who may recall me.

Time Flies Again ---- or to some of you (Time Flies)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sorry, I messed up my new screen name -- it is Time Still Flies --- NOT Time Flies Again... getting old, but still flying, literally and figuratively. Oh well. I am also going to have to get used this new format. A lot has changed since I have been around -- maybe ten years ago. So, give the old guy a break.

Time Still Flies

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quick fill-in. I retired seven years ago -- I was a biometrician who worked on flight related human factors engineering (HUDs, targeting systems, etc.) as well as artificial intelligence sytems and did a lot of modeling of natural resource system impacts -- pretty wide ranging -- but biometrics comes into play for all of them. I am on old, very old, USAF Tactical Air Command guy. Electronics has been a hobby, avocation, for a very long time and am still working, as a consultant, on designing small transmitters an receivers and have a full electronics work station -- makes it easy for changing my watch batteries .... <grin>. I am still involved with doing some bush piloting in various parts of the country -- for fun -- and hooked up with doing some expedition piloting for a couple of television networks -- in my spare time as an independent contractor. Well, that's it -- my whole life in a few sentences.

Thanks, I will check in every so often,

Time Still Flies

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh, forgot ... in order to prevent any questions that come up regarding watch stuff -- own Breitlings, Omegas, Blancpain, JLC, Rolex, Sinn, IWC and other stuff. Half or more of it is now owned by my son -- he got one of my watches for each time a special event in his life came to pass -- in my view, a much greater gift than a new watch, since many of those watches were on my wrist during some special times, some of them trying times, and some very wonderful times.

Enough..... good to see a couple of old names here.

TSF

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Ron!

Good to hear from you and, you have to admit, that Cosmonaute is an absolute classic. Thanks for the welcome and for the special picture. Gee, you still have your FAC pic and the wonderful picture of the Rhino (Double Ugly). It may have smoked like hell, but it sure is dear to my heart. I have a good friend who flew the A-4 and he always said it looked like the Phantom was "running rich" but envied because of its ROC.

Again, thanks so much,
TSF

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks so much, Don.

I never lost my interest in watches. My plate was pretty full for a good while, with tying up research contracts before retirement; settling in at another location; getting a start-up company going; and getting involved in some things in a more intensive way that I had wanted to for, as it seems, as long as I can remember.

Thanks, again, and best wishes,
TSF

1 - 9 of 9 Posts