WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am a new member to the site. I am somewhat new to the watch game, with only a couple in my draw thus far. But I've recently fallen victim to the Seiko Monster, lure. I read earlier post (from 2012 i believe) that the black monster has been discontinued. I am unsure if that is true or still the case. But I am really interested in getting an BM and an OM like these below, where would you suggest me to find these hideous things?? (image is from another member)

Attachments

·
Registered
10,892 Posts
I think you're thinking of the 1st generation Monsters, which have indeed been discontinued. The ones you're after are the 2nd gen, so they should be out there... but a 3rd gen is in process of rollout so the 2nd gen may not be findable forever. There are a lot of sub-models and associated watches with confusing names to unravel...

·
Registered
6,462 Posts
They'll be casually available for years even after they're discontinued (as their predecessors were), so don't worry about that. If you're in the U.S., you'll find the best prices and an unbeatable return policy ("After three months I decided it was too orange." "Okay, full refund 4 u.") on Amazon, linked above. If you want to avoid a giant evil corporation, Island Watch has them for not too much more.

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
I thought 3rd gen monsters have been available for a while now...
With Prospex logo and no day display (but with magnifier over date)
3rdmonster.jpg

·
Premium Member
71,208 Posts
I think you're thinking of the 1st generation Monsters, which have indeed been discontinued. The ones you're after are the 2nd gen, so they should be out there... but a 3rd gen is in process of rollout so the 2nd gen may not be findable forever. There are a lot of sub-models and associated watches with confusing names to unravel...
^This

1 - 7 of 7 Posts