WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I'm new here... I've been a guest since over a month ago and can't stop to watch all your beautiful timepieces over and over again. Now I became a member to share some timepieces which in my collection, not much... but addicted.

First of all, a story of my Seiko 6139-8020. It was my father's bought back in 1970s and given to me a month ago (now he knows I'm a wristwatch freak). This Seiko is still in its original condition but little scars here and there but overall look it is OK. Only problem now is, the secondhand stop sweeping after a short while after put it on a table. I did seek some advice from my trusted watchsmith in Malacca (old Chinese uncle). He gave a quotation for servicing of my old Seiko and will send it to him later next month. Even he is more concern than I am regarding the water resistant issue :). Here are my Seiko 6139-8020 pics.

Secondly, my late grandpa's wristwatch- Invicta Incabloc (don't know what model). I hope forumers here can identify this antique. My father kept it for some long years after my grandpa passed away (late 1970s). I took it a year ago and send it repaired - old Chinese uncle, of course. My father told me he still remember that Invicta worn by my late grandpa in 1950s. Now, I kept it for memoir. This watch is manual wind and copper look plated on its body. Dome like glass cover and very old and stained dial. I purposely not clean it to keep it season looks. The straps are new and cheap PVC :). It was with ss bracelet strap (Dog Brand) when I took it. I think that wasn't original strap come with that Invicta, it's odd looking. That is why I replaced it with appropriate one. Here's some pics. (little blur)

Thirdly, I have to say that I am really a Casio fan. Here's a duo of mine. G-Shock G2110 b-)(bought 2years ago)...

and Duro200 MDV-104 b-)(last month- always on my wrist).

Frankly, I have two more Casios which I gave each to both my younger brothers. Casio Edifice 6 hands and Casio Quartz 6 hands also (can't remember the model numbers- maybe next post). And 3 more Casios which M.I.A done by my father, my youngest brother and me...:-:)-:)-(.

Lastly, due to new addiction -Seiko, I can't wait to get myself a black Seiko 5 Sport 100m WR - MINI MONSTER, if not mistaken (don't know model number yet). THIS IS ALL YOU GUYS FAULT I'M BEING ADDICTED TO SEIKO !!!!:-d:-d:-d and not least a Casio Edifice Gold Label (not yet decide which model):)

Thats all for now, hopefully someone here able to help me with the Invicta.

Later...

·
Registered
697 Posts
Welcome to the forums. Thanks for sharing pics your collection:)

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Welcome to the forum. You'll find many knowledgeable watch admirers here. Thanks for sharing your pics. Wear them in good health.

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
Welcome Caseiko! Great collec you got going and have fun while your here ehh |>

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
Welcome :-!

Those Gold Label Edifice's look better to me than some of the Oceanus line b-)

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank You for all your warm welcome. I'll be sure enjoying while learning in this forums.
Thanks again for welcoming me in.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Great to have another enthusiast. Be sure to pay a visit to the Casio G-Shock forum if you haven't already--lot's of rabid Casio fans over there!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts