WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I decided a while ago that I would like a decent watch. I'm 31, a new father, and until recently, one of those people who just used their mobile phone to tell time. I don't know why I decided that it was time for a watch. The thought just entered my head and wouldn't leave.

I did some digging around on the tubes and decided that I wanted a mechanical watch. The craftsmanship and low tech intricacy appealed to me. I stumbled across the Seiko sarb017 (the emerald green Alpinist) and I knew that was the one for me. I searched a few older FS posts here and was in contact with a few members who had already sold their watches, but were amazingly helpful. They really went out of their way to point me in the right direction.

I posted a WTB thread and within a day, a fellow Canadian contacted me and sold me his. Done and done. Couldn't have been easier. At the same time I was shopping around for an aftermarket strap. I have an 8" wrist, and being built for the Japanese market, I assumed the strap would not be big enough. I was correct.

I went ahead on contacted Ridinfool (BJStraps) and he is in the process of cooking me up a vintage ammo strap on a deploy, and I couldn't be more pumped. I'll definitely post up some pics once it is delivered.

So anyhow, I just wanted to say hello, and thank you to the WUS community. All of those that I have been in contact with have been great! Super helpful, honest and passionate about the hobby.

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
Pictures when it arrives, or we don't believe it happened. ;-):-d
Dennis. tsk tsk leave the poor guy alone. lol. ;-)

Random Letters: That was a very very nice post sir. Congratulations on being a new Dad. And congratulations on finding the watch that you wanted, and glad you found your way around here to come upon folks that make custom straps for your new watch. And lastly, hold on to your wallet, and welcome to WUS. We are glad to have you.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Very cool! Welcome and congrats on all accounts! I have always liked the look of those Alpinist watches--you definitely picked a winner!

Looking forward to your pics....

·
Registered
8,287 Posts
Welcome to WUS! You've chose a wonderful first watch. Please, please post pics of it on the Ridinfool strap as I've been thinking of getting one for mine. :-!

·
Premium Member
1,068 Posts
Welcome! Hope you decide to stick around.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Welcome and I have to agree with ulackfocus, pics or it didn't happen. LOL Hope you like it here as I think this is the best watch forum. Plus, there are some very watch saavy people here.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Awesome and congrats!
I am not only almost the same age, and also a new father, but also a relatively new WIS convert (approx 3 yrs buying, but a lifetime of watch love- cue in the Hi my name is Aaron, I am a watchaholic...:)
I have owned the Seiko Sarb059, and it is awesome. A truly unique Seiko, and the 6r15 movement is stellar.
Wear in the best of health, and see you on the forums!

Aaron

·
Premium Member
3,411 Posts
Pictures when it arrives, or we don't believe it happened. ;-):-d
What about 1000 words? That's worth one picture unless one cannot process visual imagery through creative writing.
cottontop

(Once an English teacher, always an English teacher. If one of my students ever gave me a picture and could not substantiate it with well thought out and/or reference cited text, then he/she would have failed. I suppose the works of Shakespeare, Hawthorne, Hemingway, Faulkner, etc. never happened?)

·
Banned
7,645 Posts
Dennis. tsk tsk leave the poor guy alone. lol. ;-)
Hey, I was comparatively polite! :-d I bust everyone's chops, from first-post n00b all the way to the top. ;-) (remember the infamous chrono24 sig incident? :rodekaart) Luckily, most know that it's all in fun.

....'cept for the picture part. :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Don't want to make a new topic for this and I havent found the answer my self soooooo

a bit embarrasing to ask
I know what WUS means...but damn....I've banging my head on what "WI"S means o|:-d

it can't be "Watch I Seek" now can it???

·
Registered
8,287 Posts
Don't want to make a new topic for this and I havent found the answer my self soooooo

a bit embarrasing to ask
I know what WUS means...but damn....I've banging my head on what "WI"S means o|:-d

it can't be "Watch I Seek" now can it???
Watch Idiot Savant :-!

·
Registered
829 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts