WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First post here, I just fell head over heels for a Favre Leuba Daymatic, a brand I didn´t know existed this morning. Can anyone tell me something about this watch? I´m having problems researching it.

Skjermbilde 2011-08-09 kl. 23.20.09.png Skjermbilde 2011-08-09 kl. 23.20.21.png Skjermbilde 2011-08-09 kl. 23.20.34.png

·
Premium Member
12,945 Posts

·
Registered
10,556 Posts
I like the aged look of the dial, but like georges says movement could do with full service. great little piece, once serviced will keep running more years to come

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I really like the minimalist look with no numbers, and don't really care if the dial is a bit worn. I think it gives the watch character. Also, it distinguishes the piece from the multitudes of indian restorations with new dials out there. I will certainly take it to be serviced,thanks for the input!

Btw, how old do you think it is, mid-sixties?

·
Registered
195 Posts
I'd say it was a mid 1960s model, somewhat later than my one from the 1950s:

·
Registered
195 Posts
Thanks. As regards the movement, I am unable to comment as my watch has a different movement, so comparison is regretfully impossible. Mine is a lovely watch, I just wish the case condition were better, as it is quite badly worn. As a result I barely wear it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts