WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings folks,

How are you all doing? It has been a long time since I last checked in and posted on WUS’s G-Shock forum. Work has been tough and I have had no time for collecting watches as of the last 6 months. But I am back with some new Casio items. I got a 25th anniversary Frogman and a non watch Casio. It is a neat phone called the G’zOne Type-S. I had wanted one of these G-Shock phones since they first came out in 2006 but I was on AT&T and not Verizon (I wish a GSM version would come out) I have been on Verizon for a few months and got the last Type-S the local Verizon had and I got it a few days before the Boulder arrived. I like this phone better then the Type-V my friend had and in which I played with a bit before bought mine. Type-V looked tough and sported a cool looking grill but alas I hated the external antenna. I also have not been wearing a watch due to a bad sunburn and using my phone for telling the time but that is ok because it is a Casio and it is a G-Shock (in away) When I get the chance to do so, I will take a pic of the G’zOne along with a G-Shock and a shock resistant flashlight I have.

See you around the forum

Cheers

Leon

·
Registered
946 Posts
Greetings folks,

How are you all doing? It has been a long time since I last checked in and posted on WUS’s G-Shock forum. Work has been tough and I have had no time for collecting watches as of the last 6 months. But I am back with some new Casio items. I got a 25th anniversary Frogman and a non watch Casio. It is a neat phone called the G’zOne Type-S. I had wanted one of these G-Shock phones since they first came out in 2006 but I was on AT&T and not Verizon (I wish a GSM version would come out) I have been on Verizon for a few months and got the last Type-S the local Verizon had and I got it a few days before the Boulder arrived. I like this phone better then the Type-V my friend had and in which I played with a bit before bought mine. Type-V looked tough and sported a cool looking grill but alas I hated the external antenna. I also have not been wearing a watch due to a bad sunburn and using my phone for telling the time but that is ok because it is a Casio and it is a G-Shock (in away) When I get the chance to do so, I will take a pic of the G’zOne along with a G-Shock and a shock resistant flashlight I have.

See you around the forum

Cheers

Leon
cool! glad you're back! i heard the Boulder is a real dud. worst sound quality on a cellphone ever. real shame.

edit - i actually just read that a software update on the Boulder dramatically improves the sound quality. so it looks like i'm going to have to try it out for myself.

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
Welcome back Leon. I agree with you and brad. I wish they were GSM too...would be nice to use it on AT&T.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well the Boulder is sort of a dud in that somebody did not do enough testing on it before release and the speaker thing is inexcusable but if it is a software issue and not a hardware issue then a new programming should fix it. I think it looks cool and when you open the flip, it responds with a nice click to tell you it is fully opened. There is also no play at all on the top part when closed and no antenna in the external. I also like how the Casio series has a third support on the hinge (i.e. there is a support on the right and left side and in the middle) I do like the compass part. Well maybe if it is still around when my next upgrade is coming up or it goes down retail price wise, I will get it. I thought about the Motorola Adventure V750 and give kudos to Motorola for the rubber keypad and thin shell but I wanted one with the ability to survive water (i.e. getting out on a rainy day and accidentally dropping my phone in a puddle) and the Moto can not offer me that. Plus its got a bit of an wiggling going on when the thing is closed (i.e. the hinge has side to side play in it) and finally that PTT button which I pressed every time I took it out of my pocket. But it is a nice looking phone.

Nope I was not abducted by aliens Buzz, just working through the midnight oil (sigh) I see you switched to Timex huh? Well it is not a bad brand of watch, I bought a older Ironman Data-Link off eBay about a few months ago (it is that type you hold up to your computer screen and download data) and it came on the softest and comfortable wrap strap ever made.

Cheers

leon

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
I've had the Stowa for over a year now, Leon. ;-)

By the way, you posted in the Mods forum about a part for a mobile phone. I tried to get one, but met with recalcitrant shop people who said I couldn't buy it because I wasn't a customer...

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
I see you switched to Timex huh? Well it is not a bad brand of watch, I bought a older Ironman Data-Link off eBay about a few months ago (it is that type you hold up to your computer screen and download data) and it came on the softest and comfortable wrap strap ever made.
Hehehe...... The Timex thing was a one month experiment. It was actually kind of a long month. A couple of my Timex's turned out to be pretty nice, but I longed to get right back into my G-Shocks.

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
Hehehe...... The Timex thing was a one month experiment. It was actually kind of a long month..
What Buzz actually means, is that he got a bang on the head during his 'G' shock destruction test and only came to his senses five weeks later! :-d

Mitch

1 - 20 of 26 Posts