WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ciao ! I'm new to the forum and as I do not know if you have to introduce yourself, I just do it because I think it's polite.
I'm writing from Italy, I was born in Milano but I now live in a little village in the Alps, although not very far from my home town. I've always been fascinated by watches since when I was a kid. I suppose this comes from my father, who left three really nice Vacheron Constantin and Omega : he loved simple, minimalistic (he hated the date window and if possibile no seconds hand), thin watches.
I like all kind of watches and I collect them since when I was very young. Now...I have a huge collection (my gf keeps asking me a baby, or else all those watches will be lost one day eheheh). I own many Rolex (my favorite sporty brand), and various Zenith , Omega, Vacheron Constantin, etc. But I also love to collect japanese (Seiko and Orient especially) and lately I find nice to buy inexpensive chinese watches because I think their quality is slowly growing and like seeing the improvements. I also have some Vostok....I bought the first one for a sea holiday and find out I liked it (it's really difficult that I dont like a watch, unless it's total cheap crap).
I prefer smaller size , max 41mm, but we all know that fashion is now pushing sizes up....some big ones, due to their shape, feel ok on my wrist, some others are just monsters on my wrist....(nope, not talking about the Seiko one :) )

On a side note I also enjoy writing with a nice fountain pen, and I love old classic cars, especially Alfa Romeo and Fiat. I wish I could get an old Ferrari but prices have sky rocketed...and maintenance can become rapidly a super expensive game when we talk about 30 / 40 years old Ferrari. (Maintenance : my cars have to be as perfect as possible, interiors, exteriors, engine.... I only buy original old stock parts unless totally impossible). So I'm now looking for a young timer , sporty car, from the nineties....Will see what I can find....of course I know which model I'm interested in....but I have to find one in excellent conditions, used as little as possible...difficult when we talk about sport cars.
And one of my hobbies is photography, albeit I'm a bit lazy with macro.... as I know lighting and stuff...to make a cool photo of a watch it's a lot of work....I'll do my best, but today, with a nice phone and a little editing you can do wonders...

Hope to have a nice time here chatting with you all , even if I have to find the time....because I also have a job, and a girl friend, and an elderly mom to take care of.....oh well....

·
Registered
31,223 Posts
Ciao Andre

Welcome to WUS.

Reactions: Andre1977

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you guys !
Watches in my collection.....too many to write down....probably too many to be considered "normal" eheheheheh (around 120 and counting....)
Rolex : GMT I and II , Explorer I , Submariner Kermit, DateJust two tones blue dial, Explorer II 1655 and the latest arrived : Sea Dweller 2020 rolesor. These are my most loved, along with a Speedmaster Apollo XI and a Zenith Rainbow El Primero black dial. Too many to write them down....Too many relatively inexpensive ones too....Seiko, Orient, Citizen, Tissot, etc. Some Chinese right now....a Seagull, a Cadisen.

Alfa Spider.....love it.... I might have found an interesting one, but due to covid I cannot travel to Rome to see it , damn lockdown, damn Covid :-((

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Hi Andre,

Welcome to WUS!

Back in 2012 my wife, my best friend, and I traveled to your beautiful country. We toured from Florence down to Rome for nearly 2 weeks. My friend and I even took part in L'Eroica (retro style bike ride in Chianti region - think Mille Miglia but for bicycles). Loved Italy and hope to go back again soon (once CV19 is past us).

In addition to watches and bikes I'm a car nut too - own a Lotus Elan.

Would love to hear more about your Vacheron Constantin.

Ciao,

John

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Welcome and great collection you have there. Enjoy WUS!

Una Faccia, Una Razza :)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi Andre,

Welcome to WUS!

Back in 2012 my wife, my best friend, and I traveled to your beautiful country. We toured from Florence down to Rome for nearly 2 weeks. My friend and I even took part in L'Eroica (retro style bike ride in Chianti region - think Mille Miglia but for bicycles). Loved Italy and hope to go back again soon (once CV19 is past us).

In addition to watches and bikes I'm a car nut too - own a Lotus Elan.

Would love to hear more about your Vacheron Constantin.

Ciao,

John
Ciao John, I know l'Eroica very well; a friend of mine , Alessandra, works in the marketing for a well known italian bike company. Been there a couple of times (not to participate, I was following her and drinking good Chianti in the evening eheheh).....I love the vintage bikes !

I'll show you the two Vacheron (need to take a proper pic of them); one is from the sixties, the second one from the seventies, both ultra plat , time only, super classic in gold. They were the favorite dad's watches and I keep them with much love. Not surprisingly, after soooo many years, they are still COSC and running perfectly.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Benvenuto Andre! Sono un grande fan di tutto l’italiano....sopratutto i Rossoneri.

Insta: @officine_scrivano
Soooo another Milanista here :) Me too....this year is going pretty well thanks to Ibrahimovic and the nice work of Pioli and Maldini !

·
Registered
131 Posts
Ciao ! I'm new to the forum and as I do not know if you have to introduce yourself, I just do it because I think it's polite.
I'm writing from Italy, I was born in Milano but I now live in a little village in the Alps, although not very far from my home town. I've always been fascinated by watches since when I was a kid. I suppose this comes from my father, who left three really nice Vacheron Constantin and Omega : he loved simple, minimalistic (he hated the date window and if possibile no seconds hand), thin watches.
I like all kind of watches and I collect them since when I was very young. Now...I have a huge collection (my gf keeps asking me a baby, or else all those watches will be lost one day eheheh). I own many Rolex (my favorite sporty brand), and various Zenith , Omega, Vacheron Constantin, etc. But I also love to collect japanese (Seiko and Orient especially) and lately I find nice to buy inexpensive chinese watches because I think their quality is slowly growing and like seeing the improvements. I also have some Vostok....I bought the first one for a sea holiday and find out I liked it (it's really difficult that I dont like a watch, unless it's total cheap crap).
I prefer smaller size , max 41mm, but we all know that fashion is now pushing sizes up....some big ones, due to their shape, feel ok on my wrist, some others are just monsters on my wrist....(nope, not talking about the Seiko one :) )

On a side note I also enjoy writing with a nice fountain pen, and I love old classic cars, especially Alfa Romeo and Fiat. I wish I could get an old Ferrari but prices have sky rocketed...and maintenance can become rapidly a super expensive game when we talk about 30 / 40 years old Ferrari. (Maintenance : my cars have to be as perfect as possible, interiors, exteriors, engine.... I only buy original old stock parts unless totally impossible). So I'm now looking for a young timer , sporty car, from the nineties....Will see what I can find....of course I know which model I'm interested in....but I have to find one in excellent conditions, used as little as possible...difficult when we talk about sport cars.
And one of my hobbies is photography, albeit I'm a bit lazy with macro.... as I know lighting and stuff...to make a cool photo of a watch it's a lot of work....I'll do my best, but today, with a nice phone and a little editing you can do wonders...

Hope to have a nice time here chatting with you all , even if I have to find the time....because I also have a job, and a girl friend, and an elderly mom to take care of.....oh well....
Welcome aboard Andre - you will find an amazing wealth of knowledge here and lots to explore. I can personally attest to Vostoks - even their dress watches are pretty sturdy and amazingly accurate for the price. The newer Amfibia line looks very contemporary and has even better build quality (in my opinion) than the older Amphibia line (and these were built like tanks). :)

1 - 20 of 45 Posts