WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this is the right place to place a first post and say hello, but hello!
I've always been drawn to watches since I was a kid, my dad bought me a LCD watch in the mid seventies for my birthday. I clearly remember my junior school teacher being fascinated by it. I have a couple of watches, a TagHeuer F1 from the early nineties, a Seiko automatic diver I bought in Saudi Arabia in 2000, an Oris Big Crown Pointer Date that I bought with some money left to me by my late father, a Citizen NJ001 diver and I've just ordered a Steinhart OVM. There is something mesmerizing about a beautiful watch.
I also have a quick question. I want to be able to buy and change straps at home. Could someone please recommend a decent spring bar tool that would suit a novice such as myself, ie. I am happy to pay for quality. Thank you. Adam, currently living in Sri Lanka but originally from Wales.

·
Registered
7,878 Posts
Welcome to WUS.
I own a Bergeon 6767-F springbar tool. Truly an excellent tool for changing bracelets\straps. Amazon has it for $25, but Otto Frei may have them as low as $15.
Also heard good things about Bergeon FB-504 (6111) - $50 on Amazon, and $25 on Otto Frei, but I haven't used it myself.

Reactions: rainydayz

·
Premium Member
38,890 Posts
Welcome.

Be sure to tape up the lugs before changing straps for the first time or you could inflict some pretty nasty scratches.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Enjoy your stay and remember we love photos.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
Hello and welcome!

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
You have some nice watches. Welcome to the forums!

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Welcome to the forum! If you look hard enough I'm sure one of the forum members posted a topic on replacing a watch tool because the only tool you'll need is your fingernails.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts