WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I feel like I deserve to say hello to the community and give you a small introduction of myself. Especially after the troubles I faced to land here. I registered here as usual with my usual username and website and the next day I'm banned.
After some exchanged emails with the board admin, I finally got my ban lifted: some VPNs are really bad and can cause much trouble.

Anyway, my name's Joris and I think I caught the watch collector bug last year after some frustration related to the need to spend money on battery replacing. I started to look for affordable mechanical watches and bought myself a Raketa Big Zero (common, I know ^^).

I registered here to get more information about what will be my next watch and especially gather as much information on the watches I'm intending to buy so I can better spot the fake/frankens.
Hopefully, I will discover beautiful timepieces as well and I rely on the community mentors to get the best of this growing watch passion.

I wish you all a wonderful day and see you around online.

-Joris

·
Premium Member
8,388 Posts
I welcome to WUS and looking forward to your contributions. By the way, what watches are looking to purchase down the road?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you all!

@NC_Hager626, I would like to buy a Vostok "Desert Shield" automatic and a Poljot De Luxe (automatic as well) for my girl. If you spotted some on eBay or Etsy, please let me know :)

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
Welcome to WUS!

Someone on ebay is hawking one of these for $999, lol. My first stop would be Meranom for vostoks, but they dont have any Desert Shields.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey, thanks @TheBearded!

I didn't expect these to be that expensive, or, all the ones I've seen are fakes/frakens. Note that the DS you listed here is not automatic.

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
Hey, thanks @TheBearded!

I didn't expect these to be that expensive, or, all the ones I've seen are fakes/frakens. Note that the DS you listed here is not automatic.
Honestly I didn't bargain hunt, look for provenance or Franken qualities. That was a 30s search per watch, mostly out of my own curiosity.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Be sure to check out the Russian watch subforum for a wealth of information.

I have heard so many different stories on which desert shield amphibias are fraken and which aren’t; I really don’t know anymore. The ones I consider to be the real deal are the ones with the “vremir” caseback - and it is certainly rare to come across one.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts