Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Other (please specify in a reply)

Votes: 1 4.8%
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just received notification that I'm on the list to order a Helm Khuraburi in the next few days.

Having just got a small windfall, I'm going to buy one, but I'm torn on which colour combination to go with.

I'm thinking Black and Orange or Blue and Orange, but the Black and White also looks good.

Then there's 4 or 10 O'Clock crown and date or no date, but the colour is my biggest choice I think.

I don't usually do this, but what do the Watchuseek crowd prefer? (I'm not interested in other watch options, btw, just preferences on colours).

Cheers.

M

·
Registered
37,639 Posts
Blue with orange would be my pick.

PS add a poll.

Reactions: Urs Haenggi

·
Registered
126 Posts
Black and orange for me, please. As a matter of fact I am in the neverending waiting list to get one :)

·
Registered
37,639 Posts
Thanks - I think I must have been doing so, when you replied :)

M
Always best when asking members choices out of a few watches, certainly a lot easier than going though all the posts and adding up the replies 😉

·
Premium Member
10,590 Posts
Congratulations. I just got my Vanuatu and it’s terrific. No opinion on the colors but I do have a suggestion. Buy at least one extra bezel for it! They’re $30 when you buy the watch and can really change the look. I also recommend the FC2 FOLDING CLASP at $25.
Finger Rectangle Gadget Watch accessory Material property

I got one for my Vanuatu and liked it so much I’m waiting on delivery of several more to put on other bracelets. It adds length over the standard clasp but also adds quick adjust that works well IMHO. Do review All the parts options. I added $75 worth of parts and am extremely happy that I did. Again, congratulations and enjoy your new Helm watch!

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Congratulations. I just got my Vanuatu and it’s terrific. No opinion on the colors but I do have a suggestion. Buy at least one extra bezel for it! They’re $30 when you buy the watch and can really change the look.
Again, congratulations and enjoy your new Helm watch!
Thanks - Actually, I didn't realise you could swap the bezels on the Khuraburi as you can on the Vanuatu (I have one of those already with multiple bezels), so that may be the answer to my trilemma :)

I'll think about the clasp too, although I'm pretty happy with the standard one on my Vanuatu.

Mdi

·
Registered
789 Posts
Congratulations on getting chosen for the list!!! (I'm on it too lol)

I chose Other, and I like the Blue and White, followed by the Black and White :)

Definitely post some wrist shots when it lands!!!! (All threads need more pics!!!) ;)

Whatever color you choose, wear it in health!!!

·
Registered
76 Posts
I too am on the list and ponder the same question. I love the look of the blue and orange (4 o’clock crown), but I worry that the orange lume would fade too quickly - given how long the lume on my Vanuatu lasts, it would be a shame to loose the minute hand quickly.

I’d really like to hear from owners of either of the orange combos about this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Just to say, I've actually decided to hold off for now.

Helm let you defer your place in the queue until the next batch (which I also did last time, but I was expecting this batch sometime next year, not right now), so I've done this again and will spend more time considering the options.

FWIW, I was pretty much decided on getting a black/orange and an additional black/white bezel.

I took onboard the comments about the orange lume, but I'm not that obsessed with bright lume, so I could live with it and I rather like the orange hand on a dive watch.

I rather crudely mocked it up and think it looks good:

Watch Analog watch Product Rectangle Silver

M

1 - 15 of 15 Posts