WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was delivered today, and my initial impression is I like it a lot. For the price it really is unbeatable. And, it come with a really nice bracelet. I don't get a cheap feel at all. The loose bezel has been covered so I am not going to beat a dead horse. But with that being said it is not an issue at all for me. The package is really cool too. Just look at the picture. Also see the nice little note a very nice touch.

I will give a more thorough review tomorrow, but like I stated for the price it is unbeatable. Here is a few quick and dirty pics.

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
For those of us that are unaware, just how loose is the bezel ?

Chris

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Cool looking watch. Love the way the hands are black where they meet at the centre of the dial.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Looking good...
I'm waiting 'till begining of November and then I'll pic one of either this one, the Aegis or the Baltic Shield... Depending on which ones are available, a condition that will very probably lead me to take the Helm ;-)

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Looking good...
I'm waiting 'till begining of November and then I'll pic one of either this one, the Aegis or the Baltic Shield... Depending on which ones are available, a condition that will very probably lead me to take the Helm ;-)

·
Registered
4,136 Posts
Big congrats! Thanks for getting the pics up! Looks like one heck of a rugged watch!

RD

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
I've seen the video, doesn't really indicate how loose the bezel is alleged to be though and how freely it rotates, just that there is a half minute spring back.

Chris

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Here is a review of my day old Vanuatu. Please by no means am I a pro at reviewing watches. So based on my unbiased review of the watch take it for what it's worth.

Specs-These are from Helm Website.

Vanuatu 300M Water Resistant

Brushed 316L Stainless Steel
• Integrated Crown Guards
• Screw Down Caseback
• Diameter (12H to 6H): 42 mm
• Diameter (9H to 3H, with crown): 45.75 mm
• Lug to Lug: 50 mm
• Lug Width: 22 mm
• Height: 14 mm

Packaging-Very Cool comes with the International Warranty Card, Record of Testing according to ISO 6425, Instruction Manual, Cloth for cleaning the Crystal, and a nice personalized note thanking the buyer for the Purchase.

Case- The case it very strong and has a sturdy feel to it.. I love the way the lugs curl down to hug the wrist too. This watch is also ISO 6425 Compliant. Basically they test each and every watch at a depth of 375m’s for a period of 2 hours followed by a 3m test for 1 hour. If you go to the Helm website you can see a Youtube Video of how this is accomplished.

Crown-Very smooth when changing time and date.

Bezel- Is somewhat loose, but for me I have no issues. I am no diver, so this is a non-issue. 120 Clicks I can also say I have not had it move since wearing it. I sleep with my watches on and the bezel did not move overnight. The triangle lume pip at 12 glows. Also has lume at the 5 Minute Marks. I did charge the watch with a LED bulb before I went to bed, and the Bezel Lume isn’t all that spectacular. This faded rather quickly.

Dial- Very easy to tell time, and I like the date at 6. This was also charged with the LED bulb and it was pretty consistent through the night. I am one that wakes a few times during the night and in looking at the watch I was still able to tell the time.

Hands-What’s not to love about the Hands. This was one of the things that drew me to the watch. I should also add that the lume on the hands is just ok. They could have inserted more lume here.

Lume-lume on the case is much better than the lume applied to the hands. The lume on the case does glow throughout the night, but the lume on the hands is not as strong. But I am still able to see the time at 5AM. Overall the Lume is not that bad. I measure lume based on how it holds up overnight, and this did the job.

Movement-Seiko Instruments NH35 (Automatic Mechanical) I set this at 5PM yesterday and it is currently 2 seconds fast.

Steel Bracelet-Stainless Steel with folding clasp brushed finish (22mm and tapers to 20mm at clasp) Is extremely comfortable, and will easily fit a 8 or 9 inch wrist.

Nylon Zulu Strap-Has brushed stainless steel buckles.

Oh and my wrist is right around 7 Inches and the size is perfect.

Based on my review of this watch I would recommend it. So go ahead and buy it.  Please also note that I have no affiliation with Helm, and this is just my thoughts on this watch. I like Apples you like Oranges!!! 

HELM Watches - Home

·
Registered
4,850 Posts
Great pictures!! I'm really digging this watch the more I see of it, especially the "Sinnish" hands. I'm seriously considering ordering one, especially since it sounds like the lume makes it through the night.

Sent from a van down by the river...

1 - 20 of 37 Posts