WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, 4 vintage watches here of my grandfather's , hoping some of you could tell me a little about how old they are, and what their value is. All are functioning except for Longines.

I am not asking because I want to sell, I'm just a budding watch lover (18) and am interested in a little history/information/prices if anyone can help!

Thanks a lot guys

Attachments

·
Registered
4,037 Posts
Hi there,

Halsa: Around 1950, likely any Landeron movement.
Archimede: Pretty new. Ickler sarted the Achimede adventure about 2005.
Longines: After the style from the 40s, the serial number would tell more.
Dgital Watch: 70s of course, after the arrangements of displays likely a Tenor Dorly movement.

Values? Read the according sticky on top of this section, or kick them into the bay, and let time tell you the value.

All the best for 2014,
Roland Ranfft

·
Registered
13,447 Posts
Hi and welcome
The Hasla is a GREAT piece. Two button chronograph.
Next is the Longines.
But to me the Hasla
A

Reactions: arvc

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you guys! Your info is greatly appreciated, just trying to get a better understanding of what I have here. Happy 2014! J

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah the jump hour one had me intrigued, it's VERY different but I like it for that, quite the conversation piece I've noticed

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
They were most often cheaply made so many didn't make it so if you find one them keep it!

They turn up in the most odd places making it fun to hunt them down and they are more often then not ignored by most people but generally fetch a good price. Yours looks like it has some surface issuse but it could just be dirt.

Two times I have found jump hour watches on ebay from USA in junk job lots and got them for almost free so the extra freight cost to Sweden was still way below what the watches were worth.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I will definitely keep this one! The case is rather odd, but I like that about it. Going to try to clean the case, lots of dirt/gunk on it. Thanks again for your help!! :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Update: Took a pic of the back of the jump hour... does this help identifying it? DB.JPG

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
To be honest the brand doesn't make much of a difference when it comes to these cheap 1 jewel watches but rather how good you can make it look and if it works or not. Just check if it's a real jump hour watch by setting the time forwards and see if the hour number jumps from 5 to 6. I would think it is because the minuts are at 30 and the hour number is still fixed at 5. Yours has date as well as time so it is a little uncommon and it has a screw on back so it could have been a little more expensive in the day then most other models.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Roland already posted his assumption that the movement might be something better - like a Tenor-Dorly or so and I share this opinion. Is it automatic or handwound?

The chrono is nice - probably a Landeron. I like the Archimede - looks like a doctor's or nurse watch - the scale is for pulse measuring.

Have fun with them. If I were to pick one I guess I'd go for the "Initial" ;-)

Edit: just had another look - it seems to read "Automatic" and "Incabloc" on the "Initial's" dial - so definitely nothing cheap. Worth a refit for sure ;-)

Regards,
Tomcat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Roland already posted his assumption that the movement might be something better - like a Tenor-Dorly or so and I share this opinion. Is it automatic or handwound?

The chrono is nice - probably a Landeron. I like the Archimede - looks like a doctor's or nurse watch - the scale is for pulse measuring.

Have fun with them. If I were to pick one I guess I'd go for the "Initial" ;-)

Edit: just had another look - it seems to read "Automatic" and "Incabloc" on the "Initial's" dial - so definitely nothing cheap. Worth a refit for sure ;-)

Regards,
Tomcat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi Tomcat, yes you are correct about it reading "automatic" and "incabloc"! I do enjoy the jump hour movement, I think it's really cool! You mentioned a refit... what did you mean? Like finding a new case for the movement? I would agree in that regard, the case is quite odd.. My only problem is I have no idea where I would find the parts/resources for the refit and where/who could do the work.

Thanks,

J

1 - 12 of 12 Posts