WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys..... I love watches! I've owned all kinds Rolex, Tudor, Omega, G Shocks etc and the latest love is Panerai!

But I'd really love to add a vintage seiko diver to my very small collection. Today on ebay I found this

It's a ladies model auto 2205 movement and as you can see by the pic, its a bit rough but I like it - it's different. How hard would it be to find parts to restore this watch back to almost mint condition? Would I be able to find a new bezel and dial and hands etc???? Bring on the lume, I love how the newer Seikos glow, so want this one to do the same.

Is it a waste of time?

Now if this watch is a dud. What other Seiko Vintage dive models could I consider that are under 40mm in size? Other than my Panerai I'd rather have something a bit smaller.... I've looked at 6309s (thanks mrbieler for introducing me to the 6309) etc but they are quite large and its hard to know what to look for on ebay. Feel free to suggest any Chronos you think are cool too, LOVE the chronos!!!!

Thanks heaps in advance!

Amanda

·
Registered
331 Posts
It's a hi-beat (28,800) hand windable movement and is serviceable. Not sure about parts such as the bezel insert, crystal, etc.

They come up from time to time on the SCTF which is a better place to buy then eBay. There are some good ebay sellers which good track records and you can search from them there as well.

It's part of the Professional line and I've seen it referred to as "the Marine Mistress".

·
Registered
8,827 Posts
There are a variety of folks out there who restore, improve, and modify nothing but Seikos. The SCWF is the place where there is lots of action around restorations and modifications of Seikos - its where I'd go with your question. Good luck.

·
Registered
54 Posts
You could also consider this NOS Seiko SK070 for $145 at Watcharama ;-)

Comes with 4205 manual wind movement. Pepsi bezel.

Diameter: 36mm across bezel
Thickness 13mm
Lug width 20mm

1 - 4 of 4 Posts