WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really enjoy auto mechanical watches, (my current favorite is my Seamaster) but I need something I can wear and not worry about it getting dinged up. With mechanical watches, I favor simple dials and simple designs. For a GShock, I'd like a legible face, but all the functions I could get. I've glanced at the ProTrek series but think I'd prefer a GShock. The solar atomic Mudman looks great, any suggestions for a Gshock that is extremely durable, lots of functions, but has a non-cluttered, legible face?

·
Registered
8,522 Posts
I really enjoy auto mechanical watches, (my current favorite is my Seamaster) but I need something I can wear and not worry about it getting dinged up. With mechanical watches, I favor simple dials and simple designs. For a GShock, I'd like a legible face, but all the functions I could get. I've glanced at the ProTrek series but think I'd prefer a GShock. The solar atomic Mudman looks great, any suggestions for a Gshock that is extremely durable, lots of functions, but has a non-cluttered, legible face?
hi coda,

the solar atomic is already a very good choice, though I personally find the display cluttered because of the 5 "eyes". personally I prefer the non-solar, non-atomic mudman G-9000, in my opinion the diplay is much clearer and the functions are a lot better too (24h countdown timer, 2 stopwatches, alarms can set by date, display can flash alternately when using alarm and/or countdown timer, brighter el-backlight)

there are two other g-shocks I often recommend as well, one is the G-2800 with the biggest digits I'm aware of:

or the G-2300/2310 series, here shown a G-2300B-1V

basically you can't go wrong with any of them (or any g-shock for that matter) its just a matter of personal preferences.

regards, holger

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Stick to a 5600 variant is my advice. If you're in the USA or Japan you can get an atomic version, the GW-5600 which does everything you need and has one of the most legible faces of any G.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
I can vouch for the 2300. And I particularly like the Nylon band.

Tough as nails and good set of functions. Never realized how handy a 24 hour countdown and 5 alarms was.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts