WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure where to post this, so I think I'll try here...

I used the buy it now option to purchase this watch on ebay....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=230194696499

I payed using paypal e-check from my savings. So it took 6 days for the payment to clear on 11/27, in that time I have been politely emailing the seller status updates on the payment.

Technically its only been 2.5 days since payment was sent on 11/27, and with the thanksgiving holiday that may have further complicated things. (crappy-poor timing on my part I guess:-()

So I'm not too stressed yet. However... I emailed the seller 3-4 times since 11/21 with no response. Not even a confirmation from him that payment was received... nada

Should I be worried?
At what point should I be concerned, and pursue other alternatives (refund...etc...)?

thanks!!
Garrett

·
Registered
64 Posts
Dont worry. Some seller didnt answer mails. Dont ask why. Just wait. Seller has very good feedback.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I doubt it, he has 300 ALL positive feedbacks. I would give it some time- maybe something happened to him. I doubt he would risk his 100% feedback to steal your $50. Good luck

·
Registered
448 Posts
I would wait a bit. But if it does become a problem, eBay has a dispute resolution link you can use. I certainly wouldnt use it yet though :|

·
Registered
357 Posts
Just an FYI...
I use PayPal's shopping cart on an ecommerce site I have. When a customer pays for their order with an "echeck" it can take 4-6 days to clear. PayPal sends me 1 email immediately after the buyer submits the order. It states that there is a pending echeck. They send another when it is cleared. There is no way for me to check the status as its either cleared or not.

Your best bet is to link a Visa, Amex or MC credit or debit card to your PayPal account. The funds clear immediately and you get more protection if PayPal doesn't take your side in a dispute.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Ah, good to see another Head-fier here... ;-)

I wouldn't worry too much about it, Kramer.
With the transactions I've had, they've gone far worse, only to find out several days later that I get my item at my front door.

The thing is people with a large amount of feedback most likely sell many items at once and they dislike dealing with all the messages they get, thus they just ignore all of it.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Ah, good to see another Head-fier here... ;-)

I wouldn't worry too much about it, Kramer.
With the transactions I've had, they've gone far worse, only to find out several days later that I get my item at my front door.

The thing is people with a large amount of feedback most likely sell many items at once and they dislike dealing with all the messages they get, thus they just ignore all of it.
Jesus, you too?! What the heck is going on here? Head-Fi migrating to WUS?

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
LOL head-Fi ers taking over WUS !!! I love headphone audio, I sit here groovin to Some Live Steve Vai on my Grado RS-1 as I type.

I'll post pics and a short review when the watch gets here next week.

I dont mind a little tech-talk about this watch. It doesn't seem to be very popular here, so please don't feel like tech-comments are off topic.

Yeah I saw some lume pics in an older thread and thats practically what sold me. Night-time illumination is HUGELY important to me. In fact, if I had one complaint about my Eco-Drive, its that the Lume fades after a couple hours (a quirk with many fine dive watches). For me, electro-lume is the only way. Might give a Lumi-Nox or other tritium-tube watch a try some day.

·
Affordables Moderator
17,574 Posts
That is a sweet looking Casio at a bargain price, I love it!

I have had my Grado phones for 8 years now, along with Beyer Dynamic and a pair of B&O phones that need new ear cushions. The Grados are my favorite though, next to AKG for the studio :)

Cheers,
Griff

1 - 15 of 15 Posts