WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm probably gaping to pull the trigger on this tomorrow because I can't stop thinking about it, it's a 49mm Oris Pro Diver Date Automatic, I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT THEM AND I DON'T DIVE, going on looks here, any advise or help would be appreciate it, thanks.
image.jpg Yes or No??????o|:think:eek:|:think:eek:|:think:

·
Premium Member
60,706 Posts
YES get it. A thousand times yes. At 49 mm it is a tad large but it does truly wear a lot smaller than the specs suggest. If you are concerned about the size when you try it on then consider getting one on rubber as they tend to be a bit lighter than the bracelet. The SW200-1 movement in it is pretty good too though I must admit mine gained over 30 secs in 7 months.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Nope.... here's a context pic of mine on my 7.25"-7.5" wrist. Short lugs help it sit nicely on the wrist, and the smallish dial (relative to the thick bezel) makes it appear smaller on the wrist.
You are correct, thanks for the picture - watch looks great!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I must have a bigger wrist than I though, I put one on today and it feels a lot smaller than a 49mm more like a 44mm or 45mm tops, love the watch but I am not sure about the sizes.
The only thing I would say is 49mm is huge. You would probably need an 8" wrist for it to look right.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
beautiful watch, am a bit thrown off by the size, I have a 48mm super avenger that looks 8mm bigger and on paper its smaller then this one, LoL, I DONT GET IT.... HAHAHAHA, still considering buying it, where with good health.
Nope.... here's a context pic of mine on my 7.25"-7.5" wrist. Short lugs help it sit nicely on the wrist, and the smallish dial (relative to the thick bezel) makes it appear smaller on the wrist.

View attachment 1206437

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes :)
Waiting for pics,is today already ;)
No, I'm afraid I purchase a Bell & Ross big Date, it was a very hard desition, I really love the oris, i was just disappointed to see how small the watch was, the bell & Ross I bought its a 46mm and still bigger than the pro diver 49mm, never the less, I was looking forward to really buying one. I should be getting my new watch by Wednesday, if you guys want to see pics let me, I will be more than happy to post, if you guys don't, I understand, thanks for all the help....

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
The enjoyment is as much about the journey as it is the watch. Enjoy the journey!!

The only thing I would have said is that if you were worried about the 49mm being too big then in my opinion, I believe the watch on bracelet would have looked smaller given the illusion of the bracelet fusing into the case whereas the black rubber would contrast more making the size of the watch more pronounced.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts