WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

There has been a too good to be true kind off deal on a Hublot in my region. In a local Ad site.

Could anyone please help me authenticate this for me please? I dont want to waste time travelling all the way there to find its a fake.

Of course if buying i would get it checked through the Authorized Dealer.

The sooner the better, before it gets off my hands.

Thanks a Million

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Watchbreath,

I thought as much. I will ask the seller for more pics. Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
4,344 Posts
extremely poor images are always indicative of you know what -that would be my first [and last] red flag --within the last two weeks you have asked for authentication on an AP , a U BOAT and now this Hublot - this is a quote from one of your few previous posts "So to quench the thirst now, am getting a seiko or a fake Rolex :p (all though I hate fakes so much, sometimes I feel I shud stick to a. Fake now till I get there)"
personally i find it very difficult to take you seriously

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
extremely poor images are always indicative of you know what -that would be my first [and last] red flag --within the last two weeks you have asked for authentication on an AP , a U BOAT and now this Hublot - this is a quote from one of your few previous posts "So to quench the thirst now, am getting a seiko or a fake Rolex :p (all though I hate fakes so much, sometimes I feel I shud stick to a. Fake now till I get there)"
personally i find it very difficult to take you seriously
Exactly why I didn't reply to this thread the first time I saw it. Probably why there is only a few replies so far as well. Starting each verification thread with "HELP!!!...." doesn't (help) either. I love the advice given on this forum and will help out anyone if I know the answer. However, I'm much quicker to lend a hand to someone who actually contributes to the forum instead of just popping in every now and then when they need a blurry picture of a shady listing verified. Yes, I remember the fake Rolex comment from the counterfeit AP thread. Sorry if the truth hurts but it's still the truth.

Remember, if it looks too good to be true, it usually is. You stated in your last thread that you don't make alot of money which is perfectly fine, neither do I. So why not focus on some genuine watches that you can afford instead of seeking out all these backdoor sellers for the apparent deal of the century? If this Hublot is from an AD like you said, then they seriously need to learn how to use a camera. Blurry, distant pictures in a listing is a massive red flag. Good luck though.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I know it looks weird to change from an AP to Seiko
After the comments on the AP fake thread, I had decided never to buy a fake.
I was thinking to buy and sell it off when I get the cost covered. By then I would have worn it for sometime.

I became interested in watches though this forum.
I read a lot yet I dont comment as I dont have the right knowledge.

Anyways thank you for your valuable comments.
Appreciate it.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Best rule I've seen is buy the seller, not the watch.That pretty much means that if you have to ask if its fake it probably is, especially if the price is lower than what you'd normally see and the pictures are low quality.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Aren't the blued top plate screws and sh*tty pearlage the giveaways on the replica chronograph movements?

·
Premium Member
8,633 Posts
So im curious, what is this supposed AD asking for this? Did they send you better pictures?
It's from a local "ad" site... not an "AD". I.e. it's listed on a Craig's List type site.

·
Premium Member
40,679 Posts
Really can't tell from those images, but I'd exercise extreme caution when buying a Hublot off a local listings site

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
The screws on the front of the watch in the last set of pictures don't look right. They are the same style as a genuine Big Bang but they look off to me. Like they are crooked or something I don't know. If you have a Hublot dealer close by then you can meet the seller there. I don't trust the deal but you could go get it checked out like the seller is insisting. Honestly, I don't see how someone could spend that much on a watch and somehow lose the paperwork for it. That stuff should go right into the safe. I still say pass and go find a legit watch from an AD or reputable grey market seller that you can afford.

·
Moderator Public Forum
23,342 Posts
Deals that are too good to be true usually are. Don't let greed blind you. The only way to validate that watch is for you to accompany seller at the authorized dealer. And that ain't gonna happen.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Appreciate it curious bob and everyone. Sometimes I will just him to meet me at an AD, if he comes, I shall get it tested. If he doesnt its done.

Can the waRranty card be bought back? After I give it for servicing or something?

Bob, John, and everyone who took the effort in writing their opinion to help me. THANK YOU

Guys he has agreed to let it go for 5k usd

·
Banned
2,198 Posts
Appreciate it curious bob and everyone. Sometimes I will just him to meet me at an AD, if he comes, I shall get it tested. If he doesnt its done.

Can the waRranty card be bought back? After I give it for servicing or something?

Bob, John, and everyone who took the effort in writing their opinion to help me. THANK YOU

5K for a Hublot that's either: a) Counterfeit or b) Been run over by a bus.

What a deal...

·
Moderator Public Forum
23,342 Posts

1 - 20 of 22 Posts