WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am looking to purchase this watch from a friend. I'd like to know if is authentic? What the value is? and how much and where could I get extra links for it. I really appreciate it! Thanks in advance. TAG WAF1120 Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Metal Titanium Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

·
Registered
386 Posts
Probably my years behind the counter taking in trades.
But still what determines that magical 30%? working in a "shop" low balling customers, is that still the same as taking advantage of a friend? With out throwing around a percentage, what would someone be looking at price wise for a watch like this? is there anyplace online where the OP could get an idea of what a watch of the age and like the one pictured may happen to be selling for?

·
Registered
16,954 Posts
Try checking ebay for recent sale real world market prices. If you dont want to take advantage of a friend, just pay what he wants for it if you like it.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

·
Registered
386 Posts
Try checking ebay for recent sale real world market prices. If you dont want to take advantage of a friend, just pay what he wants for it if you like it.

That makes a lot of sense and is true, my only point was say that both you and your friend don't really know what the watch is worth other than when "he" bought it however many years ago. So that being the case what would you be taking the 30% off from?
I'm sure the watch has depreciated a lot more than 30% in the several year since "he" bought it. And going by the value of the watch when it was new is not going to work either, but Im just going from experience from my own little watch "collection" because I have not paid full MSRP for any of my watches. From my watch shop where I have bought every one of my watches I normally get between 20-30% brand new.

But yes look eBay for completed sales, but are there other places to look as well?

·
Registered
16,954 Posts
Read carefully people.
Watchbreath said 30% OF RRP, NOT 30% off RRP.
They are entirely different things.

e.g. if RRP was originally $1,000, then 30% OF RRP would be $300, whereas 30% off RRP would be $700.
Simples.
Of course, real world pricing is dictated by real markets, so check sold prices on ebay for a more realistic guide.

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Read carefully people.
Watchbreath said 30% OF RRP, NOT 30% off RRP.
They are entirely different things.

e.g. if RRP was originally $1,000, then 30% OF RRP would be $300, whereas 30% off RRP would be $700.
Simples.
Of course, real world pricing is dictated by real markets, so check sold prices on ebay for a more realistic guide.

oh yea i completely read that wrong. for that watch 30% of retail sounds about right. TAGs are notorious for dropping in resale value, and thats the popular watches too. this one i would say isn't in that category.

·
Premium Member
1,262 Posts
They actually sell surprisingly well on eBay. In nice shape $475 up to as high as $800. That being said, a patient buyer will eventually find a really good one for between $500 and $650. So, call it $578 minus the 13% he'd loose to fees and pay him around $500 tops. Be careful about the links, some are pricey....use ebay, not the AD. If they are more than $20, knock your offer down accordingly.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts