WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
This is a tough one...

I think that this is very nice example of an early 1960's Seamaster. Condition of the case and movement looks good. The case reference and movement checks out, so I don't think it's a frankenwatch. The buckle is a reproduction, but most of them are. The only significant flaw I can see is that the seconds hand may have either been broken or incorrectly replaced with one that's a little too short. It should go out to the minute markers closer to the edge of the dial.

What makes this difficult is the price. For that money I would expect it to be just about perfect. However, replacing the seconds hand with a proper Omega one isn't a big deal financially if you are using the right watchmaker and it would be difficult to find one in better condition for less.

The seller is to be commended for giving a lot of high-resolution pictures of the watch.

Hope this helps,
gatorcpa

·
Registered
996 Posts
While discussing prices is usually against most forum policies, I would suggest you view some completed auctions and see what the going/selling prices are for an all stainless steel Omega watch with a scratch in the dial :)

·
Registered
5,334 Posts
I'm no expert, but it doesn't seem too bad.
I can't see clearly, but there is a considerable scratch near the crystal date-window (reflex?) and, as expected, some scratchs on the dial. Better talk to a friendly watchmaker and see how much will cost to bring this piece up to 'as new' condition.

Cheers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts