WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I have inherited a pocket watch and wish to find out as much about it as possible.

From researching the markings I belive this is an 18ct gold half hunter, swiss movement 17 jewel? imported by Stockwell and Co around 1914. Appears to be the Birmingham Stockwell and Co mark, which makes sense as that side of the family originated from the Birmingham area.

However I cannot see any makers mark for the movement, only a mysterious bird icon - does anyone know what this mark means? Its a bird that appears to be holding a pocket watch in its beak, in front of an oval.

After some research I have noticed that FHF made very similar looking movements (such as bidfun-db Archive: Watch Movements: Teutonia 19''' ) but I'm no expert.

If anyone can shed some light on the bird marking or movement I would appreciate it.

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
7,743 Posts
AFAIK 'Bird in Ring' was a brand using generic components - so may have not made any of the watch but just assembled it. But if you look here Birmingham Makers Marks - F Fritz Kundert (as FK) is listed as a 'maker's mark' so maybe they did make the case. I just don't know.

I agree your movement looks like the FHF you found.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts