WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

What colour do you like best?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
I am making a new purchase this week of a Breitling Aerospace EVO and now just need to narrow down the colour.
I am going for the Titanium Bracelet
Choices of Black, Grey of Blue for the face...so far voting goes 1 x black 3 x grey and 1 x blue

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,384 Posts
I went with the Volcano Black for two reasons. I had this watch on about a month ago at an AD and I felt like the black dial played really well with the titanium bracelet. The other consideration for me would be that Volcano black dials will likely hold a higher resale value if you want to sell the watch down the road. Jmho.
Kevin

·
Registered
62 Posts
Have you seen both in person? I compared the Black and Grey, both looked great but I preferred the Grey slightly. Good luck with your TOUGH choice, beautiful watch either way.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I had both in hand at a dealer and went back and forth for 45 minutes before deciding on black. The blue is beautiful...really pops...pictures make the blue look much more saturated than it really is. I've owned several Aerospaces of different generations. I realized that the large shiny 12,3,6,9 on the Evo, along with the black dial, do a *perfect* job of camouflaging the lcd screens so that at a casual glance it just looks like an analog watch. It's the combination of the black dial, the contrast of the shiny numerals, and their layout that they really makes this aspect work on this version of the Aero...so I went for black. Also, I just felt it was more timeless somehow...I don't know. The blue is *really* sharp though...so, tough decision. Haven't seen the gray in person but in pictures it has as very nice look as well.

·
Pil-Mil, Breitling Forum Moderator
12,155 Posts
Black dial. The digitals do indeed seem to "disappear" into the black dial under most lighting conditions. IMO the digitals stand out too much on the blue and grey dials. The blue is also quite limiting in terms of wardrobe attire although the grey and black go well with most anything. I own a black dial B-1 for these reasons and a slate dial Chronomat Evolution to round out the assertion. Just my .02 worth of course... Let us know your final decision. :)
Best,
Ron

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
I think the blue would be a contender because it is a matte blue and will go well with the titanium grey. I think blue in general is a limiting color, however it does look like a stand out on this model ....and therefore might be a collector's piece.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks to everyone for advises - I am going for black....quick before I change my mind. The point that sold it was that the digitals 'disappear' IMO the face looks a little too busy on the others.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts