WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear everyone,

Hope you all a nice weekend with your families.
I'm having a deal to buy an used IWC Portofino 356308, but actually I dont have any experience and knowledge some recent IWC watch models like this one.
Could you give me some advices about the watch, whether it's real or a fake?

Many thanks.

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Strap Fashion accessory Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Strap Fashion accessory Watch Fashion accessory Strap Metal Wrist Fashion accessory Body jewelry Metal Silver Jewellery Watch accessory Strap Fashion accessory Material property Belt Watch Strap Fashion accessory Analog watch Wrist

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you all very much. This is a distant purchase so I'm afraid of buying a counterfeit one at 1800 euros.
As a man said above, without seeing the real movement, we cant trust anything 100%.

How about the dial, crown, clasp? Do they look real?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
152 Posts
Ask the seller to have it authenticated locally (Antic Horologivm, Galt, Helvetansa) and then provide a copy of the document issued. The cost is peanuts (30-35 euros/dollars).

·
Registered
7,860 Posts
Since it's a fairly contemporary piece, it should come with box and papers- does it?

On the outside, looks legit, but indeed, without having a look at the movement, there's no telling if it's the real deal- unless it comes full-set from a reputable dealer, no movement pic = no watch (and in case of vintage stuff, it's always like that- regardless of the seller's reputation).

Reactions: cadictun
1 - 7 of 7 Posts