WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wearing this great-looking blue Cornavin today, and I believe I may have damaged the winder mechanism in an attempt to move the hands into a more desirable position for photos. Yes,... I moved the hands COUNTER CLOCKWISE. Now,... I have a watch which still runs and keeps time, but in regular winding position does not engage the gears, and upon pulling out the crown to set the hands does nothing. What have I done? How do I fix it?
Thanks in advance.
Here are some photos:
DSC_0510_web.jpg
DSC_0513_web.jpg
DSC_0523_web.jpg

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
I don't know the proper English names of the winding-setting mechanism's parts, but there are two levers and two springs that move the barell (is it the right name??) on the stem and engage either the winding or setting mechanism. Probably something has fallen apart there (under the dial that is). Most likely there is only the need of taking off the dial and reassembling the mechanism. Often in such cases nothing turns out broken. But someone has to look under the dial, no doubt :)

·
Registered
10,748 Posts
You may not have done anything, mysterian. These vintage watches are living on borrowed time to a certain extent. I would try removing and re-inserting the crown but if that doesn't work you will probably need to remove the hands and dial and observe the keyless works and setting gears for problems. I can't see why simply winding the hands counter-clockwise would have this result.

·
Registered
4,005 Posts
I was looking for my hammer picture, but I can't find it....it fixes everything! :)

·
Registered
905 Posts
I was looking for my hammer picture, but I can't find it....it fixes everything! :)
Chisel merchant!

That's a nice looker though Mysterian so hope you can get it sorted relatively straighforwards

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the speedy replies folks!
Looks like I'll be needing a hand puller tool for this fix. This will be a venture into unchartered territory for me.
Thankfully, the case back is ultra easy to pop on & off... unlike those pesky Zarias I have.
Perhaps I'll also invest in some other tools while I'm going down this road to repair.
By the way,... For this watch, is the fish on the dial supposed to be a dolphin or a swordfish? I can't find much info on this model.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts