·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I'm not an expert on this, but I am pretty sure it's a fake.
Thanks for you reply I also think it's fake but I am hoping some expert can give comment on this. Thanks A lot.

I want to return the item. I just need an expert comment to back me up. I bought it on ebay and I think paypal may request 3rd party opinion on this one to prove that it is fake.

Thanks again

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for you reply I also think it's fake but I am hoping some expert can give comment on this. Thanks A lot.
I want to return the item. I just need an expert comment to back me up. I bought it on ebay and I think paypal may request 3rd party opinion on this one to prove that it is fake.

Thanks again

·
Registered
438 Posts
I have that strap on my Tachy, and here are a few comments:

1st pic: gap between strap and buckle seems to be too wide, also that "goldish" reflection seems really weird.
on the plus side, the markings & design look authentic
edit: the gap seems about normal, I checked on my own buckel and its about the same,
that macro shot just made it look more wide than it really is
2nd pic: looks authentic enough, same exact markings as on my buckle
3rd pic: Once again, looks real. The markings in the pic say "F Y4" and "FC 5014" = mine says: "F F3" and "FC 5014"
4th pic: wow, major damage. the spring bar has moved a lot, this might not hold well in place with that gap
(but then again, buying that rubber poiece only shouldnt cost too much, the buckle might be the costly bit)
5th pic: design looks real, but the holes should be straight trough, he might have washed the strap before taking photos? could be just a bit of water inside the holes if not dried well...

Overall: looks real. design & markings look real and the clasp looks as solid as mine is.
the condition of the rubber doesnt impress me that much, but like I said, could be cheap to buy that part new, the clasp should be the costly part (I hope)

PS. nice photos and nicely made post for once, was easy to look for differences :-!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I have that strap on my Tachy, and here are a few comments:

1st pic: gap between strap and buckle seems to be too wide, also that "goldish" reflection seems really weird.
on the plus side, the markings & design look authentic
edit: the gap seems about normal, I checked on my own buckel and its about the same,
that macro shot just made it look more wide than it really is
2nd pic: looks authentic enough, same exact markings as on my buckle
3rd pic: Once again, looks real. The markings in the pic say "F Y4" and "FC 5014" = mine says: "F F3" and "FC 5014"
4th pic: wow, major damage. the spring bar has moved a lot, this might not hold well in place with that gap
(but then again, buying that rubber poiece only shouldnt cost too much, the buckle might be the costly bit)
5th pic: design looks real, but the holes should be straight trough, he might have washed the strap before taking photos? could be just a bit of water inside the holes if not dried well...

Overall: looks real. design & markings look real and the clasp looks as solid as mine is.
the condition of the rubber doesnt impress me that much, but like I said, could be cheap to buy that part new, the clasp should be the costly part (I hope)

PS. nice photos and nicely made post for once, was easy to look for differences :-!
Thanks I was the one who took the pictures and I didn't wash the rubber before i took the pictures. That holes bother me as well. they go thru but it's not as clean as the hole at the bottom of the strap. also the inside of the buckle photo no 1 is not as smooth as the outside surface. Is that normal?

On pix no 4. Does you strap has a line like that? I mean the horizontal line

One more thing. When you press the lock of the buckle. Does it feel rough and a bit easy to unlock?

I tried to look for same thread as mine and I can't find one. So It's time to post one. :)

Thanks again for your comment.

This forum is amazing!!!

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Just to clarify, the main reason I don't think it is real is because the writing on the buckle doesn't seem "deep" enough. It kind of looks like it was cheaply engraved, instead of the deep writing that Tag usually engraves on their buckles.

·
Registered
438 Posts
That holes bother me as well. they go thru but it's not as clean as the hole at the bottom of the strap. also the inside of the buckle photo no 1 is not as smooth as the outside surface. Is that normal?
The holes should go right trough. Also the rubber seems a bit "too" worn to me...
The inside is flat, but with a matt finish on mine.
(once again, the macro might be playing a trick on me on that picture)
Cant be sure which...

On pix no 4. Does you strap has a line like that? I mean the horizontal line
Yes, thats normal. The design on clasp & strap seem to be 100% authentic

One more thing. When you press the lock of the buckle. Does it feel rough and a bit easy to unlock?
The buttons feel solid but fairly easy to push. The lock opens a bit too easily if you ask me, but no problems with it so far...

Thanks again for your comment.
No probs, ask more if you need more information on something :)

·
Registered
438 Posts
Just to clarify, the main reason I don't think it is real is because the writing on the buckle doesn't seem "deep" enough. It kind of looks like it was cheaply engraved, instead of the deep writing that Tag usually engraves on their buckles.
it looks exactly like mine, really thin writing, not deep at all...

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I could try and take some macro shots of my strap & buckle too if you want?
YES PLEASE!!! If you can take pix of your buckle and strap so I can compare.

Thanks

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The holes should go right trough. Also the rubber seems a bit "too" worn to me...
Cant be sure which...

The buttons feel solid but fairly easy to push. The lock opens a bit too easily if you ask me, but no problems with it so far...

On the pix no 1. The Inside part of the buckle is a little rough with matt finish. U said yours is flat with matt finish, is that right?

Again thanks for your comments. I'll wait for your photos to compare.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Here are the shots, they should almost equal to your photos, sorry about the nr.3 pic, there just wasnt enough light anymore to get a better shot without flash :-(
(its about 2:30 AM overhere =D)
Hope this helps! :)

pic 1
pic 2
pic 3
pic 4
pic 5

·
Registered
438 Posts
On the pix no 1. The Inside part of the buckle is a little rough with matt finish. U said yours is flat with matt finish, is that right?
Yes, it appears to be almost smooth, but with matt finish, not polished...
Yours seem to be considerably rough, but according the serial, it is from a newer production than mine, anychanges made maybe?
Anyway your clasp does look really solid to me, if it feels like 100% metal (like the casing on the watch) then it cant be fake....
(IMHO only )

Again thanks for your comments. I'll wait for your photos to compare.
No problem, glad to help when you give such good information on the object in hand :)

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Cant be sure which...

Here are the shots, they should almost equal to your photos, sorry about the nr.3 pic, there just wasnt enough light anymore to get a better shot without flash :-(
(its about 2:30 AM overhere =D)
Hope this helps! :)

pic 1
pic 2
pic 3
pic 4
pic 5
Wow Nice shots. It really helps a lot. From those pictures. I can see the big difference. I am certain that the rubber strap and buckle I have is fake. I will return this to the seller. Hope I can get my money back.

I really appreciate your taking time to help me with this. Im sorry if I kept you up. it's 2:30 am there. THanks again.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Wow Nice shots. It really helps a lot. From those pictures. I can see the big difference. I am certain that the rubber strap and buckle I have is fake. I will return this to the seller. Hope I can get my money back.

I really appreciate your taking time to help me with this. Im sorry if I kept you up. it's 2:30 am there. THanks again.
no problem, good thing I was atleast a bit of help :)
and no, you didnt keep me up so no worries! :)

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have that same buckle and strap and yours does not look like a fake. I am pretty sure that yours is the real thing.
Thanks for your comment. but I saw the real thing and the way it was made is very clean. I'm even more sure it's fake because the Buckle (where the "TAG HEUER" engraving is located) snapped and broke while pressing it to lock the band. Also the "Stainless Steel" engraving of the authentic buckle is bigger and located nearer the "Tag Heuer" engraving.

The straps holes were not clean. does the strap holes of yours are clean?

Thanks Again

1 - 20 of 21 Posts