WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I already have the the Explorer, Tressor, Reverso, Black Bay and Speedmaster. Next up will be either the Portugueser 40 or the El Primero 38. I would welcome your thoughts on these, or suitable alternatives. To complete the set (I promise!) I am looking something in steel which goes well with a brown leather strap. I was initially thinking dark face but more recently have considered white or cream. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
470 Posts
As you seem to have the dress/diver/chrono areas pretty much covered, why not expand into other areas? Maybe a 24 hour watch such as the Glycine Airman, a grab'n'go solar/radio sync watch from Casio, a flieger or field style or even a GMT (though I will admit to having an aversion to 4 handers that only track 2 timezones).

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
G-Shock bro.

Would also like to see actual pics of your collection, just so we know any further recommendations aren't a waste of anyone's time.

·
Premium Member
1,796 Posts
Have you considered a brand that's not quite in the headlights all the time? There are a large number like this and exploring them can help you reach into new territory.

Here are three chosen completely at random from what are established watchmakers. There are hundreds more.

Because I'm nudging, I've not followed your stipulations to the T.

1. Chopard Time Traveller

CHOPARD-L.U.C-Time-Traveller-One_10.jpg

2. Breguet Type XX

Breguet Type XX.jpg

3. Chronoswiss Flying Regulator

Chronoswiss_Flying_Regulator_OpenGear_steel_angle_1000.jpg

Judging by your collection to date, now might be a time to diversify. That doesn't mean going out on a limb because all three above are quite safe bets. They just happen to be in the next tier of popular attention. Dig deeper, and you'll find things you never imagined that could be just your cup of tea.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I suppose the current collection is a bit mainstream and safe. I have considered the Breguet. I haven’t however even heard of Chronoswiss, but that watch is a beauty. Here I was looking to complete my collection and I am now being led further down the rabbit hole!

·
Registered
812 Posts
I am looking something in steel which goes well with a brown leather strap.
This makes no sense, every watch you already have looks awesome on a brown leather strap.

Get yourself a good springbar tool and some straps and you can triple your collection for peanuts. What do you think it is missing? A style? A horological category? You have occasions where none of those is appropriate?

Buying a watch to suit a strap is the tail wagging the dog.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
I suppose the current collection is a bit mainstream and safe. I have considered the Breguet. I haven’t however even heard of Chronoswiss, but that watch is a beauty. Here I was looking to complete my collection and I am now being led further down the rabbit hole!
Forget Steel, you already have a ton of that. You need something in gold to go with that brown leather. I recommend a second hand Breguet to get that perfect Grand Feu white

·
Premium Member
2,788 Posts
I already have the the Explorer, Tressor, Reverso, Black Bay and Speedmaster. Next up will be either the Portugueser 40 or the El Primero 38. I would welcome your thoughts on these, or suitable alternatives. To complete the set (I promise!) I am looking something in steel which goes well with a brown leather strap. I was initially thinking dark face but more recently have considered white or cream. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
Having both a Portugueser and El Primero, I agree! Get both! Those and my Speedy and BB58 are my forever watches. I may sell other watches, but never those.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts