WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi. I am having trouble finding a movement spacer ring. Looking for something similar to picture attached (or can be hard plastic or metal)

Inner diameter for the movement 25.6mm, Outer diameter for the case 31mm, Height 6mm.

The reason I need the ring is because the case I am using does not have the inner slot/ridge in order to use metal clamps to anchor the movement.

I am using a Miyota 8215 (25.6mm)

Cheers!
20201102_173937_HDR.jpeg

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
Loads on Ebay for a 8200. Day/date vs. date only.

Are the movement dimensions the same?

Problem is. Rings are made to fit a particular case. Usually by the watch company for their own watches. Buying a non Miyota case and then trying to find a movement ring that fits your movement and is sized to fit your case might not be possible.

Other option is to draw out the specs and have someone lathe the ring for you, but that could be costly

DON

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Loads on Ebay for a 8200. Day/date vs. date only.

Are the movement dimensions the same?

Problem is. Rings are made to fit a particular case. Usually by the watch company for their own watches. Buying a non Miyota case and then trying to find a movement ring that fits your movement and is sized to fit your case might not be possible.

Other option is to draw out the specs and have someone lathe the ring for you, but that could be costly

DON
Hi Don, I am beginning to realize you might be right. The case in question was purchased specifically because the description stated "suited for Miyota 8215". However the spacer that came with is way wrong at Inner Diameter of 28mm instead of 25.6mm.

After doing lots of research, I think I will be better off 3D printing the part I need.

Cheers!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts