WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a good looking watch at the price point of about $100.
Here are some preferable characteristics:
-Automatic
-White Face
-Blue hands
-Lines/Tick marks (rather than numbers or roman numerals, but this isn't too important)

I have looked around and it seems a lot of watches like this are just very expensive so if any place could help me find a cheaper one, I figured it'd be here! Thank you for any help you can give!

Also, If you know of any watches in this price range that you just think are awesome but don't fit the characteristics above, please post it!

Here are some watches that he has said he likes but are far too expensive, just to give you guys some examples

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
668 Posts
Brilliant watch, the only thing is I'm getting that for my birthday which is a few days away. Otherwise it would be the best option.
No problem. Call it the family time piece. My brother in law and I each have the Tx 600 Flyback. People hardly notice watches so it's not like showing up in the same shirt (now that has happened and people do notice).

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
As previously mentioned, Seagull has some awesome options.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Some beautiful watches there - white face/blue hands combo is great. Something for me to think about..:think:

·
Registered
6,777 Posts
zuux, this Seagull-powered Parnis has numbers, but it is quite reminiscent of that Hentschel you posted, and it cost me less than $60 US shipped, though $80 or so is perhaps a more typical price on Ebay:

parnis_20121126.jpg

At 43mm, it's a little big, it's fairly thick, and the autowinding rotor is a little loud, but in its time with me so far, it appears to be a sound watch for the money. Parnis, as many will tell you, is a bit of a crapshoot brand, since it's a catchall brand with many producers whose quality and support may vary.

Edited to add a slightly less horrible photograph I took this morning:

parnis_20121211.jpg

I'm not a fan of the white-on-black date, but that seems to be all that's available in recent months. Some sellers still show photographs of black-on-white date windows, but when I inquired, they all said the photos were out of date.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts