WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To the many knowledgeable people on this site. I bought a MR-G Tactician in Tokyo in the early 90's and love the watch. The rubber bezel on the back of the case gradually wore out and last night it fell off while walking home. Where do I find this part? I noticed that it was also on the back of an 8900 model. I hope this part is not too hard to find -- where should I go? I checked with the casio parts supplier in Huntington Beach Ca -- they do not carry it. He referred me to Casio US in NJ -- I have never had luck with them in the past. Other thoughts greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
4,569 Posts
Welcome to the forum. :-!

The Tactician you have is a rare model, valued by collectors. I think it will be very difficult to find that part alone. May be you could find another complete watch in Yahoo Japan Auctions or a sales forum page, but of course that's not what you want.

It's a nice and collectible model nowadays, rare indeed.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
im no expert on the model you mention but i have had some experience sourcing parts. if you cant find it on e-bay which will be like finding a needle in a haystack, and casio america doesn't have it your best bet will probably be to seek the assistance of one of the Japanese dealers such as Katsu-san or Seiya-san. you can email Katsu-san and inquire if he can help you or not.
{[email protected]} hope this helps and welcome to the forum|>

·
Registered
577 Posts
The part number is 74242650 (assuming it's the same part as the 8900). It might help to ask for it specifically. There was a post about this a few months ago, and I remember reading that the part was available at that time. I hope that helps. I'm wearing my MRG-100 without the rubber piece at the moment and I like it better that way. Have you considered wearing your MRG-1000 without?

Take care,

Stephen

1 - 5 of 5 Posts