WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I've become enamored with the Speedy-on-strap look, and I thought I remembered an OEM strap that was (I think...) double ridged and was built up/thicker where it meets the lugs. I think it was either shark or aligator.

Anyway, I really dig this look, and was wondering where I might be able to find something like this.

Also, on the ofrie.com site, I saw a special deploymnet clasp - are those necessary, or just cool? They are expensive, and I was wondering if a decent 20mm stainless would do the job without as much cool but for less cash.

Any/all input welcome! Thanks in advance!!!

·
Registered
7,979 Posts
The straps you are describing are OEM Omega and will require use of the Omega deployants. And depending on the strap will require an 18mm or 16mm deployant.

Over the years I have been able to acquire both versions by watching the sales corners and auction sites.

They are expensive but the new two-button clasps are very nice and more comfortable than anything else I have tried.

There is a thread at the top of this forum that has photos of quite a few Speedy straps.

Fr. John+

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The straps you are describing are OEM Omega and will require use of the Omega deployants. And depending on the strap will require an 18mm or 16mm deployant.

Over the years I have been able to acquire both versions by watching the sales corners and auction sites.

They are expensive but the new two-button clasps are very nice and more comfortable than anything else I have tried.

There is a thread at the top of this forum that has photos of quite a few Speedy straps.

Fr. John+
Thanks for the info. Are they shark? Gator? Vinyl? :-d Honestly I could never part with $200+ for a clasp. Seems strange to me that a regular deployant couldn't be made to work - the strap "seems" fairly normal outside of the thick lug area. Oh well, there's always the aftermarket :)

Keep the info comming. I'm going to have another look at the strap post.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts

Fr. John+
Not to hijack the thread, but just curious if the Omega deployant could be used on a person with smaller wrists. I have about a 7 inch wrist and I was worried that a the Omega deployant would sit too high up on one side of the wrist, as opposed to a double deployant.

Len

·
Registered
761 Posts
Not to hijack the thread, but just curious if the Omega deployant could be used on a person with smaller wrists. I have about a 7 inch wrist and I was worried that a the Omega deployant would sit too high up on one side of the wrist, as opposed to a double deployant.

Len
Len,

i have the single deployant old style (not the new two-button) and i find it very comfortable on my wrist which is about 6.75" ... so no worries...

Q

·
Banned
3,514 Posts
While we are talking Deployant I am trying to find a 22/21 - 18 (Honey Croc) for the AT can anyone recommend an after Market?

Thanks

Al

1 - 7 of 7 Posts