WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took the bracelet off my BC and put it on my M5600. So

So... I bought a composite bracelet to replace the missing one on my 5600BC.

I thought the springbars from my M5600 would work, but they're too thick. I can squeeze them through the end links, but the ends are too big to go into the holes in the 5600BC.

Does anyone know where to get springbars that will fit in the composite bracelet?

Thanks for your help...

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
I ordered them from Casio Parts in NJ. They are $ .50 cents each. You are correct that the springbars for the BC version are thinner and move easily in the hole in the end link of the composite bracelet. I will look for the part number.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
I did the same thing, and they fit for me. A bit tight, but it worked.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Attachments

·
Registered
141 Posts

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow - that's so annoying! Does anyone know where to get a bracelet for a BC? BTW - thanks for pointing that out. :)

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Shoot - I have another problem... I ordered this part from Casio Sales and service:

http://www.casiosalesandservice.com/istar.asp?a=6&id=10188774!Casio

But it looks like the attached! The end links are different and it doesn't fit on my M5600BC!

Do they sell a composite bracelet that fits this watch? I'm very confused.
The composite bracelet you ordered is for the gw-5600BC the one that fits the gw-m5600 is the bracelet for the gw-m5600bc

here is a place that sells the one you want:
http://www.tiktox.com/gwm5600bc-combi-strap-p-2072.php

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks sspartan - would you happen to know the part number for the spring bars... I'll prob need those too. :-(
Thanks so much...

·
Registered
48 Posts
If you're looking for the springbars only, measure them and take a trip to a retailer who sells watchbands (most I find come with the springbars) and find a pair that matches. For around $6, it's a nice deal, considering some e-tailers charge a flat shipping fee of around $7 (*cough*PacParts) to order something as small as a bezel screw. As a bonus you get extra bands for repairs or experiments.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I saw this:

DW-5600C spring bars 74276555 $0.50 backordered

here:
https://www.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=165695

I'm just hesitant to order it online as it may turn out to be the thick kind....

Sounds like going to a store is the most prudent thing... thanks.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Thanks sspartan - would you happen to know the part number for the spring bars... I'll prob need those too. :-(
Thanks so much...
I was not able to find my copy of the Casio invoice with the part number, but if you call Casio Parts at (800) 223-2001 and ask for the springbars for the GW-M5600BC they will get you the correct part. Make sure you specify the BC version.

·
Registered
13,279 Posts
Try ebay. You can buy a bag of spring bars for a few $ or £. There's even a box of 360 spring bars for $12.99

1 - 12 of 12 Posts