WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, this is actually my first post to WUS and kind of nervous so bear with me. I recently graduated college and found a job and decided to take the plunge and look to buying a vintage Omega Seamaster Deville. Thing is I have no idea where to start I did some browsing on Ebay and feel overwhelmed. SO was wondering if you guys could point me in the right direction on where some reputable dealers online could be or ways to spotting fakes. Or if you could just post links to certain watches you know are non fake.

Thank you!

·
Registered
18,163 Posts
Welcome... Plenty of Omegas around. Ask if you find any that tickle your fancy :) Buy the seller. Avoid the Ukraine and Argentina. :-d

Reactions: NT931

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So should I look to get it serviced/cleaned myself or buy it serviced/cleaned? Seems that the prices vary going anywhere from $400-$1600

·
Registered
29 Posts
So should I look to get it serviced/cleaned myself or buy it serviced/cleaned? Seems that the prices vary going anywhere from $400-$1600
Well, it's up to you. If you buy it serviced, be sure that they can produce some paper-work that shows what has been done. A service will usually cost you in the region of $150-300). Prices varies because the condition of these watches varies. A serviced watch is supposed to be in a better condition, hence higher price.

On my blog (you need to get it browser-translated from Norwegian) I discuss affordable vintage watches with a separate section looking into the 600s and DeVilles. You might find this useful.

Also, check Omega Vintage Database when you find a model you like. If you look up the reference number, e.g. 136.011 (please note that you need to insert an extra 0 after the ., i.e. 136.0011) you get useful information about the movement etc. and usually a picture of the model that will help you identifing the watch as a genuine article and not a franken, redial or, god forbid: a fake.

Good luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts