WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I bought this watch about 12-13 years ago, long before I discovered this forum and became interested in watches. Since then my g-shock accompanied me to mountains as high as 5500m and to the bottom of the sea. It has never failed even though I use to wash it in a washing machine after particularly sweaty events. Great watch I see no need to replace.

sIMAG0355.jpg

The only problem is the strap that absorbs sweat and start smelling bad after few sessions in a gym. I am looking to replace strap with one that would not absorb sweat - rubber or plastic. I saw there are adaptors for nato straps, but is there adaptors for two peace straps? Or maybe there are two peace plastic straps similar to other G-Shock models have? Thank you for your suggestions.

sIMAG0359_BURST002_COVER.jpg

·
Registered
139 Posts
I'm pretty sure variants of the GL-100 were fitted with a standard 16mm resin strap similar to those fitted to the DW-6900 - no need for adaptors, the strap will fit straight on - just do a search for casio dw-6900 band to find what you're looking for :)

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
6,199 Posts
I'm pretty sure variants of the GL-100 were fitted with a standard 16mm resin strap similar to those fitted to the DW-6900 - no need for adaptors, the strap will fit straight on - just do a search for casio dw-6900 band to find what you're looking for :)
I agree with 16mm but i think the strap from a DW-9052 might be the better choice because of the wings on the GL-100.
The 6900 strap might be to thick at the lugs to fit under the wings.

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,567 Posts
Sorry that I do not have time at the moment. Else I would have searched the GPS. There were sure GL-100 models that had resin straps. It's a great model, I can only second that. BTW, this forum is just a little longer than 10 years old, so 12 - 13 years ago there was no real info to find (in English). It was a great time to start collecting though. I bought my first in June 2000.

Cheers,

Sjors

Sent using Tapatalk!

·
Registered
139 Posts
I agree with 16mm but i think the strap from a DW-9052 might be the better choice because of the wings on the GL-100.
The 6900 strap might be to thick at the lugs to fit under the wings.
Yes, you're absolutely right there - I've just tested a similar watch to the GL-100 with wings and a resin back capsule, with a dw-6900 and a DW-9052 strap, and while the 9052 fits perfectly, the 6900 doesn't really work with the wings at all due to its girth at the lug end.

So DW-9052 strap it is then :)

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
DW-9052 it is then. Thank you guys for the info, I really appreciate it!

Would any one of you guys accept the 6900 strap as a thank you gift? I bought one today, sometimes I'm too hasty.

·
Premium Member
14,008 Posts
Badiker,

You could offer the strap up in the parts and donations thread

Have a great day,

1 - 8 of 8 Posts