WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just been torturing myself by looking and enjoying the pics of everyones watches. I have set a limit to the number of watches I will own (only time will tell whether I stick to this). I am looking for a Silver and a Gold dress watch. The Omega Pie Pan constellation style and Seamasters of the similar era are the ones I am most interested in. I have done some searching and found a few web sites and looked on other forums. Unfortunately my confidence in my ability to select a good honest watch and the wide availability of dubious watches has shaken my confidence. I would like to know the kind of price range I am looking at and also a good contact to purchase high quality used at competitive prices (or her in doors may start cutting up rough!!)
Please help locality is not an issue just quality and service are.
Regards
Chris

·
Registered
9,532 Posts
Firstly, congrats on starting your search. The best advice I can give is to take your time. As you noted, there are a lot of crappy watches out there, but with a little time and patience, you'll find a nice one.

It's really tough to put a price range on a general description like yours. There have been a whole lot of different Seamasters and Connies, and prices are affected by things like condition, originality, and the rarity of the model. I'd spend some time looking through completed ebay listings to get an idea of what people are paying.

If you find a particular watch or watches that interest you, post some photos here, and we'll be happy to offer our opinions.

Best of luck!

eric

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Eric,
Thank you - I have noticed that the constellations are more sort after and yet certain seamasters look very similar. I am thinking I'll head towards the seamaster from a budget and a test run point of view.
Cheerio
Chris

·
Registered
8,409 Posts
I started out seeking vintage Seamasters and this opened my eyes to the other models. Research on the older watches these days, is important, not so much of fakes, but many being sold are cobbled together from different watches.
Finding a trusted seller is a big plus, but you tend to pay more.
This group is a great resource. I've learned a lot here.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
I have a vintage watchshop here in Amsterdam which has been a big help for me in seeing watches in real life. Problem is they are getting pretty expensive due to all the attention Omega is getting and the prices people are willing to pay. The good thing for me is I can check the items and they service the watches (with a one year garantuee) which is worth a premium IMHO.
If you buy online, just post the pictures here before you buy and you'll get all the feedback you need. If you are in Holland someday soon, be sure to visit the shop (I can PM you the site if you want to).
Good luck hunting!

Paul

1 - 5 of 5 Posts