WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Needing some help to id this movement, and any info would be apreciated.

No name on dial or movement. Only info i have is the AGR stamp on case that i guess is for Arthur George Rendell

Thanks a heap in advance.

20170324_215042.jpg

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, kind of happy its nothing special.
The watch itself is not running. I picked it up fairly cheap, probably around the value of gold content (9ct gold case) and the dial is nice yet unsigned.

So instead of forking out to have the watch serviced and fixed, i should be able to get a complete working movement for a lot less. Will make a nice wearer without the worry of hurting something of more desire.

·
Zenith Forum Co-moderator
19,146 Posts
If the watch is not in any way broken but just needs a serivce, it is worth getting it serviced. It is highly unlikely that you will be able to get a replacement movement which doesn't need to be serviced. If a part is bust (balance staff? Often the first thing to go) you might try and get that particular bit or get a donor movement that might be iffy but has a functional part of the type you require. Remember that you can't just get any old movement, even of the right size, to replace the one you've got - it should be exactly the same movement to make sure it fits the dial feet, hole in the dial for hands, (vertical) position of winding stem, etc.

Hartmut Richter

1 - 5 of 5 Posts