WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,598 Posts
Looks like a cal475 from 1940s or 50s. Movado Triple Date - dial looks to be in good condition.
Would want to see the movement though - hand-wound cal 475 is nice, but want to check authenticity and ensure there is no rust.

What is a concern for me here:
- the calendar set pushers are protruding like crazy and that does not look right (these should be recessed). Likely broken
- The lugs look a bit more modern than the rest of the watch

Exact model should be stamped inside the caseback. Does the ebay acution\seller have movement pics and inside pics of caseback?

One final thing to keep in mind. Most of these were made in 32mm diameter cases. That is somewhat diminutive by todays standard. If you are a guy, the watch may looks small on the wrist in this day and age

·
Registered
8,598 Posts
Movement is correct for Calendograph 475. Likely ref 14776, but caseback engraving would be the only way to say for sure.
There is some tarnish, but no rust visible on the movement.

It's those damn pushers that are the only thing I'm not liking. Not super familiar with all variations of this, but almost everything Ive seen had pushers recessed or barely protruding.

It could be a replica. The damn pushers protrude too much. And Movado Factories text on the bridge plate seems off - Can read "actories", but "F" is missing.
I'd say post on Vintage forums and see if anyone has direct knowledge of these.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.