WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My father likely purchased his rectangular Omega Deville in the late 70s or early 80's in Zurich. (see somewhat out-of focus images). It is has gold faced with an elegant DeVille on the steel back. I believe it had a gold band. Can anyone help me identify it? With which current gold band should I try to add (?) or would black leather work? I can't find any reference to this watch on the internet, except that I see a vintage rectangular watch was made in the ealry 70's.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Really difficult to tell from the pictures... It is likely from the 1970's but if you could get pictures showing more details of the dial and back tat would be helpful...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow Joe, At this high magnification..it sure looks fake!, except that there is a small omega on the face of the crystal. What do you think? See new scanned images attached. I'm just now urious what sort of watch it is...Will give it to my son nonetheless.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don't know if my post was in the correct field...see my uploaded thumbnails in the previsous. On detailed scan the watch looks unusual? Perhaps a fake? lizingrid. Anyone including Joe K. have any idea what model and year this may be, unless fake.

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
I don't think it is a fake. All the indicators would point at it being a real Omega. Unfortunately, I cannot tell you which exact model this is. Omega made many variants of the Deville and, unless someone else recognizes it, your best bet would be to have the watch opened and to identify the movement numbers and a case reference number which would be on the inside of the case back.

Don't know if my post was in the correct field...see my uploaded thumbnails in the previsous. On detailed scan the watch looks unusual? Perhaps a fake? lizingrid. Anyone including Joe K. have any idea what model and year this may be, unless fake.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts